Market Is In Confirmed Rally Mode- Investors Business Daily

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Feb 26, 2008.

1. wjk

wjk

It was IBD cup and handle concept that drew me to trading.
    O'neil system plays the breakout .10 above the right side of the cup, correct? I looked at his examples and saw the huge moves in the right side of the cup bases and told myself "I wanted to be part of that". Same with the handle breakouts. After giving back gains on some of the pullbacks after the breakouts, I decided to learn how to get in the moves to those points, and I became more of a trader.

I don't invest based on IBD rating system, though I will check once in awhile because I know others do, but more intersted in
    the product. I am trending away from investing more toward trading, since as an investor, I am susceptible to all the games the ceo's, analysts, and everyone else plays, and not always to benifit the shareholders. As a techical trader, that is fuel for movement, short or long. I don't have much faith in the integrity of most ceo's or analysts anymore, and that alone justifies my reason to trade rather then invest. Another reason to end my subscription, since his ratings don't mean much to me as a trader.

If nothing else, is there anything wrong with a trader taking the other side of an investors trade? My peanuts puts you in the investment, and makes me a few bucks....sounds like a win for us both.

#81     Mar 1, 2008
  2. wjk

wjk

As far as shorting, consider as an investor, if shortsellers knock down a stock, you as an investor will get a better entry price, and perhaps a great move up when the squeeze
    comes.

#82     Mar 1, 2008
  3. where do u see an investor, let's lynch him!

#83     Mar 1, 2008
  4. wjk

wjk

I believe the current market has done exactly that.

#84     Mar 1, 2008
  5. bdon

bdon

The only thing looting wealth in this country is the constant printing of money by your boy Bush. You really must like that Kool-aid Day, is it laced with acid or something?

Each "rally" in the market fails to go higher than the last. We are on a downward cycle for the foreseeable future, but you keeping paying up, it only gives the shorts more profits.

#85     Mar 1, 2008