Market Indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by feens93129, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Oh oh, AAA caught me again with a potential semantic problem, :)

Example:ESRX and naz futures on 5 minute chart from 10am until 11am on August 8, 2002. While the futures are dropping, ESRX is basing at the high of the day. When the futures start to pop, enter ESRX. The advantage to going long ESRX versus the NQ or QQQ is that ESRX has "proven" itself. The risk on your stop is small, but in addition is not likely to breakdown through the base even if futures take another little dip. It sort of gives you better staying power. The reason I used the word leverage (although I realize it's not really leverage in the technical sense) is that, mathematically, any time I can make a linear change to 2 components of the equation (smaller stop and higher probability) I end up with a geometric change in the result. Hope that makes at least a modicum of sense.

#11     Oct 3, 2002
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

3. Thanks Ramuk! For free the Lycos site is pretty good. I did get the tick, trin, and prem, but the S&P is the 500, not the futures contracts. Regardless, thanks as it helps me play around without spending 150 a month on software packages :)

#13     Oct 4, 2002
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

5. Nkhoi, thanks for the sites... I may be wrong, but it is my understanding there is a difference between the SP500 and the S&P futures contracts.

#15     Oct 4, 2002