Market has topped on 2019/11/07. Get the hell out now.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noddyboy, Nov 8, 2019.

1. tomorton

tomorton

That's a valid observation; agreed, buying pressure weaker now. But this is a periodic feature of any extended uptrend: a long way from a topping signal on its own.

#51     Nov 10, 2019
  2. dozu888

dozu888

earnings yield.

div is irrelevant.. name of the game now is buy back.

#52     Nov 10, 2019
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

I see a lot of the so called bulls are just bears that have given up hope.

#53     Nov 10, 2019
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

Market already down. So much for free money overnight folks.

#54     Nov 10, 2019
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I don't even know how to respond to this.

You know that shit doesn't really work, right? And that it only works when it works? You've been spending too much time around Rickshaw.

Asia has not opened yet, France is on Armistice day for the early morning, and then US is on reduced hours for Vet Day.

As if the equity index futures never went down after-hours before? Geez us!

#55     Nov 10, 2019
  6. maxinger

maxinger

problem is many people trade based on prediction (or fortune telling).
    the right way is to trade based on what the chart is telling us & react to market

anyway those who shorted index futures an hour ago should be earning tons of money.

#56     Nov 10, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

And I am trying to make the point that there is no such thing as risk $$$ free overnight. It exists in fantasy land.

The overarching point that Noddyboy is making, about a market top? Fool's errand.

Noddy, don't do that.

#57     Nov 10, 2019
  8. ET180

ET180

You don't actually get the earnings yield. You only get the dividend and whatever profit collected when the trade is closed.

#58     Nov 10, 2019
  9. ET180

ET180

If you hold until maturity, you'll get your full principle back plus the 1.8% interest. However, the buying power of the dollars returned might be significantly lower than when the trade was put on. So when considered from that angle, yes there is still a risk of loss. I'm not advocating buying 10 year treasuries at 1.8% yield.

#59     Nov 10, 2019
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

This call isn't a daytrading call. I recommended to exit longs on 11/8/2019, and start building a short position. The holding period will be for months.

#60     Nov 11, 2019