market going up like things are booming... but USA in 'Death Spiral'

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Aug 6, 2012.

We will crash in September - October

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  3. this time its different

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#11     Aug 7, 2012
  2. zdreg

zdreg

" perhaps 2-3 years later... and perhaps those responsible will be dead and won't have to face the consequences of their short-sightedness and greed."

are you speaking literally and or do you mean they will be out of office.?

#12     Aug 7, 2012
  3. piezoe

piezoe

I am not sure why you would expect the market to go down??? going into the November election?

#13     Aug 7, 2012
  4. If you somehow MISSED the easiest bull market in history.....i mean, the Fed told you to BUY!!! well, then you try to out think the charts and call for tops.

if you miss 6,000 points up, you hope to get 6,000 points back down so you are "equal" with the market.

Of course, we will crash.....at some time in the future.

but the President has already made his phone calls:

can we get housing prices super high? no
    can we get food super low prices? no
    can we get tons of jobs? no

pause, phone slams repeatedly

ok, can we manipulate the market higher? yes

#14     Aug 7, 2012
  5. kashirin

kashirin

I don't understand why you would expect market to go higher into the election
    last 2 of 3 times it went down

by the way gas rices are way more important than the stock market for Obama

and lower gas prices are not achievable with rising stock market

#15     Aug 7, 2012
  6. bonds

bonds

This market is being manipulated upwards, plain and simple.

Ever notice how every low volume, no news day the market "floats" up? Today is just another example, there is no news out there, seems like everyone is on holidays, market doesnt seem like its moving, but hey we are up almost triple digits! Almost like a stealth move... but it adds up day in and day out.

In order to have a meaningful move down we need an event driven, high volume news related story... but even then we will get a threat of QE from Bernanke or some phantom headline out of Europe in the last hour to rally the market into the close... its a total joke.

There is no correlation between the economy and the stock market any more... remember the more the economy deteriorates the more QE we get shoved down our throats so we are going up no matter what... and yes Obama will point his finger at the stock market come election time to show how well the economy is doing under him...

#16     Aug 7, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1. WTI up $2 today!

#17     Aug 7, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

He can point to it all he likes. The people in the market know why it is going up and not because of Obama. The people not in the market could care less and are simply pissed at high energy/food prices.

That's why it would be better for the President to focus on energy prices and not the market. But he'll never figure that out.

#18     Aug 7, 2012
  9. Bison42

Bison42

For years as a market maker I was always amazed at the Herd mentality. These decision makers would rather be wrong and have company than take the other side and be right on their own. Gives them a built in excuse when things go bad. "Everyone else was buying and I didn't want to miss out!".

#19     Aug 7, 2012
  10. Odumbo doesn't need to "focus" on anything except his continuing promise of more "free ice cream".

The hoi polloi are too stupid/blindly greedy to consider what the "free" will be costing them and their children/grandchildren.

:mad: :mad:

#20     Aug 7, 2012