Market for API Extensions?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by comintel, Jan 9, 2015.

1. I have written some extensions for CTS T4 and also IB's API for my own use in trading.

I am not going to market those, but am wondering about the market in general if I were to start developing some software extensions and market them.

Is X-Trader the leading platform on which developers write and market extensions?

How about CTS T4?

Is there some group that software developers working in this area can join?

Thanks.

2. 2rosy

2rosy

There's no money in marketing extensions. But you could do a subscription service

3. Fee simple software sales are so 90's. It's all gone subscription now, especially in this market segment.

4. One thing I was thinking of was a web service that offered automated futures option analysis, greeks, etc. initially on an end-of-day basis.

I know that iVolatility and some quote services offer this now, but I could offer them some competition by offering the basic service at least free plus ads, plus some bells and whistles that they may not have.

I know this would be rather mundane but it could be a starting point.

But I am guessing you may be thinking more of a trade recommendation type service? I think one could layer that on top easily enough.