Market finish UP or Down tonight?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Batman28, Jan 28, 2008.

UP or Down

1. UP

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. DOWN

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. You dont understand daytrading. You think you do, but your posts reveal a black hole of ignorance.

#21     Jan 28, 2008
  2. Dang the attempted rally back to daily highs was just blown. :(

#22     Jan 28, 2008
  3. what u on about? who's talkin about day trading here? im not and not interested.. just checkin people views on the day's outcome given the homes news out today and rates expectations..

#23     Jan 28, 2008
  4. Hey pal, you are the one that grouped all traders together and said that all the good and great ones have positions on beforehand and I'm telling you thats NOT THE CASE. Some do and some trade the action of the day. You are the one painting broad strokes here, I'm just telling you you are wrong as far as daytraders go and daytraders on this board are probably the majority.

#24     Jan 28, 2008

5. fair enough.. but u have to imagine the day trader who's at best waiting for a reaction and the funds who are obliged to move position in the market accordin to their market philosophy not how market might shape in the next 20min.. and the other funds who can afford to call a bluff any second..

btw Cocaine, I know of a hedge fund manager that actually arbitrages between day tradres and longer term players.. i never understood it but apprently Jim simmons at renaissance tech uses the same tricks in one of his funds.. maybe u can find out about it

#25     Jan 28, 2008

6. Thats not really true hedge fund guys I have traded with had a number of different trading strats where they woulhave on large core directional postions and they would day trade.

The main prob of trying to predict the market is stems from the fact once you develop your bias you BECOME biased and can tend to both miss trades that the market is offering you because they are against your view and refuse to take a loss because you market doesnt agree with you.

Its amazing how clear your thinking is when you simply react to the market instead of trying to predict it.

#26     Jan 28, 2008