Market finish UP or Down tonight?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Batman28, Jan 28, 2008.

UP or Down

1. UP

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. DOWN

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. I don't think you can accurately and reliably predict whether the market will close either up or down from one day to the next, irrespective of the underlying economic conditions. And if you are predicting on the basis of the economy, I'm sure you know it doesn't play out with daily specificity.

#11     Jan 28, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

this market is setting up for some extreme volatility.......

#12     Jan 28, 2008
  3. how disappointing.. seems like most elites have no fkin clue like myself.

originally the thread got down votes and now suddenly the up votes pop up as time has moved on.. it's now 50-50 how useful and decisive r we thinkin together..

based on these votes the market is going no where.. it will stay at where it is right now at the close..

plus i did expect uncertainty on todays up or down.. but i wasn't expecting such a contrast in outlook of the economy short term or long term..

#13     Jan 28, 2008
  4. VMW earnings may be interesting tonight

#14     Jan 28, 2008
  5. Batty, this site is called EliteTrader not EliteGuesser. Good traders trade the action in front of them, they dont guess where the market will go. Reading signals, taking action.....rinse and repeat.

#15     Jan 28, 2008

6. bullshit.

good traders don't sit there waiting to follow the market..

great traders have already put on their position game for today and waitin to see the outcome..

i didnt start a guessin thread either. i wanted ur calls and see how group thinkin accruately reflects market.. it's a small sample but why not.

#16     Jan 28, 2008
  7. Maybe big time hedge fund managers, but six and seven figure daytraders on this site DO NOT put on position beforehand. They trade the action in front of them, plain and simple.

#17     Jan 28, 2008
  8. Anyone who thinks he can accurately and reliably call the direction of market action, rather than largely respond to it, is full of...

#18     Jan 28, 2008
  9. i see a tragic dive taking shape.. there might be some heavy selling at the close..

anything's possible..

#19     Jan 28, 2008
  10. ofcourse not all the time but better than others.. they exist and some of them are very humble indeed.

#20     Jan 28, 2008