Market down 1%, evil long sellers!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kashirin, Sep 22, 2008.

1. kashirin

kashirin

SEC must immediately forbid long sells

you can sell only after your death

2. New SEC rule you can only buy. If you are already long you are not allowed to sell.

And of course no short selling.

3. zwib

zwib

this is crazy. people are selling stocks. it must be stopped.

4. LOL!

5. gnome

gnome

There are some countries which don't allow short selling and still get the crap kicked out of them... like China? Maybe Russia?

Could be "fundamental crapola" will win out, regardless... the only difference being the explosiveness of the downside.. ??

BTW... in spite of Gummint claims, the "fundamentals" in the US are REALLY BIG CRAPOLA!!!

6. futuman

futuman

If nobody can sell what would you buy?

7. ONly companies and govt can sell the stock and public can only buy them
    :D

8. Ramp up the printing presses for god's sake!!!!!

9. wjk

wjk

I remember one of the first big sell offs of the current downtrend. I was long 1000 Q's. Took me .50 to get out. $500 in "slippage". Nobody was buying. No new rules, etc. Now with the shorting rules, there will be a lack of covers to slow sell offs. With no covering, and no buying interest, I wonder just how hard it will be to get out of instruments that are far less liquid then something like the Q's. Never thought that could happen in the Q's.

New rules give me a whole new insight into the old axiom "sell into strength".

10. You fool, people can sell but cannot short sale. Learn a few things before posting foolishness.

#10     Sep 22, 2008