Market Direction

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Albert Cibiades, Nov 7, 2008.

1. I have been posting here stocks whose performance sems to presage recovery. They are also companies I patronize. I eat a Supreme Croissant at Jack's almost every morning. America seems to be reopening its pocketbook to fast food.

• ac.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
    #11     Dec 10, 2008
  2. I am ambivalent about this one. Is LOW recovering because the economy is stealthily looking up? Or because no matter how shitty it gets, you still have to fix that broken faucet? In any event, they get a lot of my money.

• ac.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
    #12     Dec 11, 2008
  3. I love posting charts almost nobody looks at. Reaffirms my faith in ET.

I absolutely loathe RTN. Bunch of bastards. But here you are. The first defense company to revive. Perchance they were heavy contributors to YOUR new pres'det's campaign? The rest of the pack is close behind.

• ac.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
    #13     Dec 16, 2008
  4. You heard it here first. In a few months we're going to look back at this and say, "Shit! That wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be!" If things are so crappy, why is a stock like HON recovering?

• ac.jpg
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
    #14     Dec 17, 2008
  5. I have no rationale for it, other than to observe that no matter how poor we are we still need to insure ourselves. MET and the other big insurance companies are leading the market recovery by several days. I included the 50 day ema for reference as a courtesy to Murray T. Turtle, who was kind enough to comment. Any apparent similarity between that and Joe Doaks' Ternary Decision Theory (TDT) stoplight indicator at the chart bottom is totally illusory.

• ac.jpg
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
    #15     Dec 18, 2008
  6. Ah. I see that ET is tiring of my posts. Good!

Something is afoot in petrochemicals. VLO is up, with its brethren following. Could it be that our favorite corporate bastards (after the banks) are going to make money no matter what the price of oil and gas?

• ac.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
    #16     Dec 19, 2008
  7. Are we goin' to take it to the streets with the best guns made in America? Or is the recovery of RGR merely recognition that Obama is a closet conservative?

• ac.jpg
      File size:
      29.9 KB
      Views:
    #17     Dec 20, 2008
  8. As a trading philanthropist, I am deeply saddened that ET has not chosen to join me in making money fist-over-hand trading this TDT portfolio. Of my 14 picks, 12 are still strong. Only KR and AW (now RSG) have lagged. For reference JBX is now JACK. Therefore I am obliged to cease providing this advice for free. My PR flack, Thunderdog, advices me that if it is free it can't be worth anything, and that I must change my style to outrageously inflated claims offered at absurdly high semen-ar rates.

#18     Dec 22, 2008
  9. =============================

Great ,young co, great products,Sturm Ruger,
    Rem Win =200+ years old;
    they weathered thru the storm of 73,74, 1987.

Product quality & company quality similiar to John Deer , both probably last longer than GM,Laugh Out loud.
    Don't know the stock RGR well enough to buy or sell it:cool: :D

#19     Dec 23, 2008
  10. Strange but true;
    while was writing that [John Deere], saw 2 deer....................................... .One has a red spot behind its shoulder.:cool:

#20     Dec 23, 2008