Market Depth patterns

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rhay, Dec 23, 2004.

1. fireflyer

fireflyer

Hi,
    I use the DOM and the tape. I use a lot of differents set up.
    Sometimes only with the tape, sometimes with the both. Sometimes with the tape and a graph (1 tick graph). It's possible to use the tape and an one minute graph with ADX for exemple on the Euro-FX.
    I prefer the DOM and his movments. I can spread with the DOM' s movments on tow products too.

This is my scalping work.

bests regard.

#151     Apr 13, 2011
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I looked at market delta and found some of its concepts useful. The product itself did not suit my type of trading.

I combined few things myself via custom indicators in NinjaTrader. All of this is only relevant for short term intra day trading. One needs to combine price action, dom and tape to come up with clear signals and filter fake outs. I started a thread a while back to talk about some of the concepts: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103293

#152     Apr 13, 2011
  3. mystified

mystified

#153     Apr 21, 2011
  4. So after several months of reading the dom studying volume I think I understand why there are no books regarding it...

Someone...Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong....

I now see the order book as the "Carrot".....the volume as a "Donkey" and then price the "carriage" that is being pulled.....

So a large lot holding on the bid as price hits more than a few times taking orders (to make you think their is real intention of support there) then the order is pulled and price drops immediately, everyone who decided to get long and has a stop in close gets hit and whom ever pulled the bid well...they probably get their order filled....

#154     Apr 21, 2011
  5. Do you want coffee & croissants with that?

Use google!!!

#155     Apr 21, 2011
    eusdaiki likes this.

6. Click the link that says "mirrors":

http://arxiv.org/servers.html

#156     Apr 25, 2011
  7. fireflyer

fireflyer

Hi,
    There is a new video about tape, DOM, and volume ladder.
    It is about accumulation /distribution....
    Have a look !

Bests regards.

#157     Jun 8, 2011
  8. Love this thread.

#158     Oct 23, 2014
    eusdaiki likes this.