market delta users??? Opinions??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by John_Wensink, Mar 21, 2007.

1. notouch

notouch

The MarketDelta Footprint chart is interesting but not as unique as they would like you to believe. It's just a more detailed version of the Bid/Ask volume breakdown available with most charting packages. The Investor/RT charts that come bundled with MarketDelta are total and utter junk so you'll need to spend money not only on the data but also on a reasonable charting package like Sierra, Ensign on Esignal Premier.

#11     Mar 25, 2007
  2. One Man's Opinion.

Of course he could be speaking of the PC version of the madness, Of which I concur... it needs work. Too bad there isnt a Mac version of MarketDelta...

I use the Mac version of Investor and I LOVE the charts....

#12     Mar 25, 2007
  3. notouch

notouch

I know nothing of the mac version but as 95% of computer users are PC users it's not much good for most of us. Just one bug after another with those Investor/RT charts.

#13     Mar 25, 2007
  4. Barry-Or

Barry-Or

I have been working almost 5 months with the pro version of the software. I also believe that I have averaged over 10 hours a day ever since I started.

I still don't really feel like I understand how to use MarketDelta all that well. Don't read too much into that statement because by far, most of my time has been spent on the IRT chart side of things.

I made my decision to use IRT/MD charts because of MANY hours of research on this forum. One of my main interests was flexibility to be able to almost anything with the software, including being able to build my own indicators. So far, I have been very pleased with the software.

Recently, I attended a webinar put on by Ninja Trader that was done by the people at advancedtradingworkshop.com
    It was very good (comparing it to the room I am in with someone else I believe I need to change.) After the seminar they offered some free videos. I wrote to them about it and got about 10 hours of really good stuff. About 3 hours of it was given to showing people how to use Trade Stations "Easy Language" by watching the video I was able to apply what I learned and start using the programming language in IRT called RTL. That has really taken me to another level with the MarketDelta/IRT software.

So far, I am finding I actually prefer being able to look at things the way I want to see them rather than the way the MD footprint shows it. But again let me say that the reason for this may be because I haven't really given MD a fair amount of time to learn it.

Anyway, I wrote this in response to the post by the guy to doesn't like the charts in IRT. For me, I really like them a lot.

Blessings on you and your trading!

Please note that I am not likely to respond to posts that are a response to this one simply because I have too many other things going. Sorry about that.

#14     Apr 6, 2007
  5. Good point, I studyed and learn Easy Language and merely ported what I learned over into RTL....

Works great for me.

#15     Apr 6, 2007
  6. marketdelta is a decent product

i use Investor RT for their market profile charting, but used the trial of marketdelta, the only difference being that marketdelta has the Footprint chart.

everything else in marketdelta is already present in investor RT, although it does cost $20 extra in investor RT to get the market profile charting, which is still much cheaper than the marketdelta.

IB does not provide real tick data. it provides chunked tick data.

i have IB accounts, TS account, and AMTD accounts.

i have compared time/sales of IB and TS. TS provides real tick data. IB does not.

IB is next to useless if used as the data feed for marketdelta's footprint charts, since it does not provide accurate bid/ask delta tick info.

IB is fine as a datafeed for market profile charts (which if u use volume based POC and value areas merely require aggregate volume data, not tick by tick).

also, IB does not have backfill of tick data at all

imo, marketdelta footprint is overpriced. i can get the same functionality from a free TS easylanguage indicator.

#16     Apr 6, 2007
  7. I agree, Market Delta is overpriced. So I stick to IRT....

#17     Apr 6, 2007
  8. subq

subq

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think IRT charts are far superior to Ensign and Sierra charts...I am not sure why those would be touted as better charting packages.

I personally prefer a well rounded charting package and IRT pretty much does it all.

#18     Apr 8, 2007
  9. pipdaho

pipdaho

A few people have mentioned they have a Tradestation indicator that does the same thing as MarketDelta. Cannot be true for the Footprint charts, which is why I am considering paying for MarketDelta. Tradestation does not allow programmers to access the data from Time and Sales. There is no way to accurately input into an indicator whether a trade occurred at the bid or the ask. The free Tradestation "footprint" that I use records bid/ask size based on whether the trade occurred on an uptick or a downtick. Useful? Maybe. I guess like most things in trading, it works great except when it doesn't. I use it as a decision support tool, but I don't give it a lot of weight. I bet the real MarketDelta, with a good data feed (not Interactive Brokers), would be much better...but it would cost me close to 300 bucks a month: $159 + Esignal + exchange fees...

#19     Nov 30, 2008