Market Delta - Transitioning to the New Platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bolter, Sep 16, 2006.

1. That is fair......but what are your specific problems, then maybe solutions can be determined. See what I am getting at.....to correct the problem.

BTW...Are you in Europe?

#21     Sep 16, 2006
  2. In fact, this has been a wake-up call to me and I have comissioned a geek to see if he can produce my bare needs from the iq feed. All I need is price, bid/ask volume including a sizing filter, s& r and momentum. It cannot be all that difficult.

#22     Sep 16, 2006

3. Your missing the point totally.......I thought you may have some datafeed problems or computational errors with your Inv R/T/MD charting (like some of the other posters here)??? :confused:

Nevermind dude......have a great life as I have now been banished into GEEK land!!!! :eek:

:D :D :D

btw, your current charting already does everything you want. :D and it is not that difficult to find.

***** DISCLAIMER - 5Pillars does not enable "negativism" *****

#23     Sep 16, 2006
  4. I've used IRT for 3 years and have used that system thru revisions/bugs,etc. I can help with questions regarding datafeed,etc In return, I'd appreciate your insights on the new feature of it which is the package u are talking about. I got the email from Dr. Linn about it and did not bother with it . Now that you guys seem to rave about it , my curiosity is piqued. (Especially the part about signalling the lo of day hi of day - which is something of consequence for us traders...LOL).

Regarding IRT-Don't give up on it. IT is an awesome product. IF you get a handle on how it accumulates ticks/bars thru intra vs. daily monitoring, you would get rid of 70% of stuck quotes, slow cpu furstration. Get a handle on symbol limits unique to your data feed and you eat up another 15% of your "bugs"

I've used IRT with IB, esignal, mytrack, dtn. In order of preference w/o taking cost into consideration.

MT,Esig,DTN,IB.

The weakness of IB in gathering data is its storng points when doing the scans. They are fast since the ticks are in your c drive not thru internet. Again studying the data capture features of IRT will eliminate most of issues.

#24     Sep 16, 2006
  5. billp

billp

Thanks for the feedback.

I've tried 24 hours and it still doesn't work. Gives me a different set of numbers though.

#25     Sep 16, 2006
  6. billp

billp

Midknight,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Am a bit confused though and appreciate your clarification.

So you pull up a 1 minute chart and press the spacebar to download, then from there choose download tick? It will then convert the tick data to 1 minute candlestick chart?

I tried doing that but got some problems. Maybe I have uninstalled and installed the program too many times and using different links as provided by Trevor. As of now, I can't even find the program in the add/remove program list anymore although I can still open it using the icon on my desktop. I remembered when I first uninstalled it, I could still find it in the 'add/remove program'.

I strongly suspect I will give this software up soon. I've not found it that useful yet as I'm still learning the delta. Thus, I'm not sure whether I really want to spend the time and effort on this software/IT thing as I have not found the usefulness of delta yet. Not saying that the delta is useless, its just that weighing the time, effort in understanding Investor R/T-marketdelta software may not be worth it if I ultimately cannot make a strategy out of the delta or get the delta to help in my trading. Ok, flaming, advise welcome.

#26     Sep 16, 2006
  7. billp

billp

Midknight,

I guess you are not asking this question now based on the edit statement?

#27     Sep 16, 2006
  8. leveragefx

leveragefx ET Sponsor

I somewhat disagree with this. I use TopGun Software and while they don't have a market delta 'footprint' they do let you break down the buying/selling by the world's biggest traders which I feel is far more useful. In S&P's for example I can compare how much the 100 lot traders are buying/selling on each bar compared to the statistical avg of the past. I can also look at the Volume Profile charts for any time frame up to weekly and see where the BIG guys have traded in the past. It's far better support/resistance than high volume areas WITHOUT the large traders there. They do often DEFEND these areas when price comes back.

In addition their software is only one that shows how much buying/selling is going on in the CASH market. Market Delta and Linnsoft don't show you how much the stocks are being bought today compared to the statistical past for EACH bar.

No comparison in my book. By the way some days there is heavy buying in the stocks while the 100 lot S&P futures traders are heavily selling. THese days tend to be very choppy for the first hour. Users of normal bid/ask software will be selling waiting for a breakdown in the market. In my experience on these days the Institutions who are buying the stocks are usually right and the market breaks UP, leaving all you guys with losing positions.

Chris

#28     Sep 16, 2006

9. I looked at TopGunSoftware and the concept is not bad at all....but for me I am a "market profile" and "market delta" fundamentalist, so I already have profitable systems that I have developed combining the two methods. I analyze my own custom time period market profile charts with Inv R/T to then plot key price levels that I look for delta based trades at (I sold the 1336.00 level twice yesterday due to earlier in the year MP level significance). I also do have one ES MD chart "filtered" to only read the bigger lot traders, mainly to spot "accumulations" for their position trades or equities hedging. I have also found that my entries are much sooner in a move through the use of the "footprint" charts, which benefits the placement of my position at a more optimal price level for proper R to R.

I have my methods for tracking the cash markets through OEX tracking, Adv/Dec lines, TICK, etc., so that I can see when program trading that I have studied ( www.programtrading.com ) is prevalent. Institutional activity is pretty straight forward these days, and they are not very good at "masking" their intentions as in the past.......technology for the "little guy" has made this "unmasking" possible.

#29     Sep 16, 2006
  10. bolter

bolter

With all due respect this thread is intended for traders who are transitioning to the new version of Market Delta.

Please take your pissing contests elsewhere.

#30     Sep 16, 2006