Market Delta - Transitioning to the New Platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bolter, Sep 16, 2006.

1. billp

billp

Ok,

I've attached a file with 4 worksheets highlighting some of the problems I face.

I really appreciate it if somebody, anybody can help me especially with issues 3 & 4. Thanks. See next post for file

Bolter,
    I'm using esignal.

#11     Sep 16, 2006
  2. billp

billp

File attached. Hopefully this can open now.

#12     Sep 16, 2006
  3. billp

billp

The file can't be opened. Man, nothing seems to work today. Will try to attach later again. Maybe I just need a break or the computer needs a break:D

#13     Sep 16, 2006
  4. billp

billp

Last try.

#14     Sep 16, 2006
  5. billp,

with regard to issue 3, does it work any better when not that chart is not assigned to the 24 hour session? I've only experienced what you show there when my assigned session for that chart / instrument is incorrect.

If that makes no difference...then I have no idea on that one - sorry.

Kind regards,
    MK

#15     Sep 16, 2006
  6. Billp,

With regard to issue #4 question. My understanding from this is as follows.

When you download data on a minute chart, it downloads minute data. When you download data on a tick chart, it downloads tick etc... However, it is also my understanding that if you download tick data for the current day, then it would also update your minute charts by converting that tick data into minute data This is all I do every day is download the tick data and my delta charts, market profile, and minute charts are updated. Daily data is not and I need to request the daily data separately.

Switching charting software is always a pain because we become so intimately familar with the paradigms of the 'other' package. Makes the learning curve seem steeper.

kind regards,
    MK

#16     Sep 16, 2006
  7. Just one more question pls billp. Can you pretty much make data comparisons like that across your normal charts with the VB indicator vs. the delta chart on any bar and still these anomolies or are they far and few between? I just compared the VB indicator with the delta chart on a random bar and it seemed to match up as I would have expected....

http://charts.dacharts.com/2006-08-12/delta_ex.png

Kindest wishes,
    MK

** EDIT **

I take that back...i see a lot of anomolies with this...I'll contact linnsoft about this on Monday. Thx for pointing that out.

#17     Sep 16, 2006
  8. Good thread Bolter.
    Firstly, I use the iq feed and in my opinion it is better than esignal.... much better.

I have been more or less happy with the old MD and I e mailed my thoughts to Trevor ( who I hold in high regard) about the extensions required to MD including simple charting and this is what I thought that he was going to do with MD.

Having spent several days with the new programe I finally spent a night surfing alternative programes as I have given up on Investor RT.
    In this moment my preference is towards Ensign and with the help of a clever code writer I will have my bid / ask volume in the form of my preference.

I am sorry Trevor, but my trading requirements do not lie in the direction that you have taken MD.

Given that I believe that trading is less than 20% charting and more than 80% other things, I cannot allow myself to be seduced into fiddling with shiny new charting programes.

For what is worth, I never trade directly from my charting programe, I use DOM from another feed so that if there is a difference in the feeds it will make itself apparent.

I do hope that MD works out for you Trevor as you were on the right track before your adoption by RT.

#18     Sep 16, 2006

9. If trading is less than 20% charting (80% other things as you say), then what is your problem with Inv R/T??? Is it not working for you or are you not willing to spend two or three days to learn how to use it?

In my past, I have used TS, Neoticker, Ensign, Qcharts, Esignal, CQG, and a few others here and there....so far I have absolutely no problems with Inv R/T, and I would not think of moving to Ensign or anything else for a second.

NOBODY has the MP, MD, and "Volume Breakdown" tools all in one package......I commend Inv R/T & MD for putting all this together in one package that is currently at the infancy of a new joint relationship!!! Just wait and see how they grow together as the product becomes more advanced. This charting is the new "king of the hill" imo with all the combined features and capabilities.

Also, I do not think that any product out these days is perfect....by no means (well, kwikpop is pretty darn perfect :) ). It may take some time in the next month or two, for both companies to take in all their users feedback and then make the adjustments to everyones needs. You have a brilliant charting concept in your hands (and the grass is not always greener next door), so the need to use something else imo would be walking away from the cutting edge of todays premier charting choice.

#19     Sep 16, 2006
  10. I commend your loyalty 5P, but I dont need all the "king of the hill" bits & pieces that comes with a brilliant charting package, nor do I have a month.
    I am just a humble trader, not a clever charting guy.

#20     Sep 16, 2006