Market Delta strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by newbie2006, Oct 4, 2006.

1. I already make live calls everyday in the chatroom I spend time in most days with a few traders that are trying to learn about market profile and market delta (great group of traders and we all work together during the trade day as a team spotting trade set-ups).

There is no reputation or challenge I need to satisfy what so ever for your behalf. I also will not enable your negativity which you are obviously trapped in. I have offered plenty of ideas and assistance here for others to challenge themselves to see if they can enhance their own trading. It is actual odd imo, that your time on this thread has been spent vacant of presenting any "Market Delta Strategies". I would also suggest you spend some time in life to find out what it is you are really mad about and why. You can have some real fun in life when you actually enjoy what you do, and then work together with other like minded people to share in ideas and concepts.....if you can do this, you will know what you are doing is right.

#51     Oct 7, 2006
  2. "

If you do not currently receive data from CQG, DTN IQFeed, eSignal, Trading Technologies®, or Interactive Brokers (TWS) click here and get signed up with one BEFORE signing up for the trial. "

so basically this program only works if you have these data feeds? i uses mbtrading and quotetracker..... so that means i can't use this software?

i've been wanting to find a product that calculates at a given time, whether there are more buys or sells... so if i can't use this software, does anyone know of any alternatives?

#52     Oct 8, 2006
  3. There are some pseudo-footprint implementations for Tradestation and others floating around e.g. Amibroker (I could be making that up)

Alternatively, you can leverage the MBTrading API to implement your own but I'm sure that's not what you want to do!

You can get (virtually) free market data with an IB account but that has it's own problems (snapshot/bundling etc.) for Market Delta.

RE: your statement, you want to know whether there are more buys or sells. Market Delta tracks the aggressive buys and sells i.e. when the bids are hit or offers lifted.

In short, you'll probably have to bite the bullet and sign up with one of the supported data feeds.

Good luck.

MoMoney.

#53     Oct 8, 2006
  4. i understand about the theory behind aggressive buyers and sellers because i used to tape read nyse listed stocks.... so basically this only tracks the aggressive buyers/sellers and not the other orders that are executed at the prices inbetween the bid and offer..... so i guess it can only be used as an implementation to help gauge the strength of the buy / sell side.... do you find this to be a very useful thing to know when deciding whether a stock is going to go up or down the next day judging from today's activities.... (if you are holding it overnight let's say)

#54     Oct 8, 2006
  5. Hi MoMo,
    You say that MD tracks aggressive buys.

I am curious to know how MD knows an aggressive buy from a passive buy.

How can it tell that the buy is a market order ( aggressive) or a limit order (passive) ... that is very clever.

#55     Oct 8, 2006
  6. Simplistically: if the last trade is at the ASK price then a buyer has crossed the spread and is deemed to be aggressive.

If the last trade is at the BID price then a seller has crossed the spread and hit the bid and deemed to be aggressive.

The footprint is just the categorization of trade data into whether the trade was at the BID or the ASK at the time of the trade. If you know what the BID/ASK was at the time, it's easy to put each trade into the right slot. You total the trade volume in the BID slot and the volume in the ASK slot and subtract one from the other and voila, you have your market delta :)

It's not that clever really! Or perhaps the simplicity is the cleverness.

The Market Delta videos can probably explain it better than I:

http://www.marketdelta.com/recordings/MD_Simplified.wmv

All videos:

http://www.marketdelta.com/recordings.aspx

Good luck.

MoMoney.

#56     Oct 8, 2006
  7. MoMo,

Terminology is important in this game.

The term aggressive is applied to "market orders", while passive is applied to "limit orders"
    You are talking about " on the bid" or "on the offer" which is quite a different thing.
    For example "on the bid" consists of both aggressive and passive trade entries.

Now if you can come up with a piece of software that can separate these two entries then that is clever.

#57     Oct 8, 2006
  8. 5pillars,
    Regarding the room you mentioned in your last post, where is this room ? maybe some traders here be interested to join in, I guess its all for futures trading, so no place for me there :)

I have a question for you, your candlestick charts are 317 ticks, which means every candle represents 317 prints, right ? but why 317 ? you found out some significance in this number ?

Bolter,
    I really do appreciate your level of knowledge reading through your thread about the market profile says alot.
    I like to invite you to through your 2 cents here as I guess you are one of the best users of marketdelta

By the way guys, for those who missed it in my first posts, I use market delta as a concept not the marketdelta.com tool, I develop my own automated software that's why somethings regarding the tool might not be so clear to me.

#58     Oct 8, 2006
  9. Either you're not understanding me or I'm not understanding you.

I agree, terminology is important, hence the reason for me being 100% consistent with everyone else on this thread and with the terminology used by Market Delta.

I'm aware that aggressive is applied to market orders and that is what Market Delta tracks as per my post :confused:

Please clarify, preferably with some examples.

MoMoney.

#59     Oct 8, 2006
  10. MoMo
    This is my last post on this matter.
    Please do you homework before you pass your knowledge on to others.

#60     Oct 8, 2006