Market Delta Fans

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 5Pillars, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Hi SG
    You really need to get your head around the relationship between price, volume, S&R before you can fully understand MD.

The "winning method" must come from you, it is a mistake to think that it will come from a programme.

#11     Aug 29, 2006
  2. hektor

hektor

@5Pillars

Only to understand it:

The Investor/RT Professional version has all the marketdelta functions now and cost 59 /mo + 20 for MarketProfile.

At the promotion mail marketdelta announce that they will charge 129/ mo for the professional version.

So why should somebody buy the marketdelta version with the same functionality at the much higher price?

#12     Aug 29, 2006

3. To tell you the truth, I am not sure what the pricing will be for current Inv R/T users (might be $99.00 now total???)......all new users will probably be at the rates shown on the marketdelta.com site . I am sure this will all be explained by the end of this week.

#13     Aug 29, 2006
  4. This is not right at all.

The Investor /RT Professional does NOT have ANY of the marketdelta functions. It has the CBOT volume or market profile as a 20.00 add on.

To get the marketdelta functions in the new product you will license with marketdelta which will have a 99.00 product without market profile that includes the Investor/RT Standard, a 159.00 product with market profile that includes the Investor/RT Standard, and a 199.00 product with market profile that includes the Investor/RT Professional and access to the programing language to write you own studies (prices are expected to very at some levels for current users). Then if you want the Investor/RT Pro Backtester or Pro Complete, you will also have to license through Investor/RT for them.

This information is as per my understanding from my recent conversations with Bill Linn at Linnsoft Investor/RT and Trevor at Market Delta.

Hope this helps.

Nutsneal

#14     Aug 29, 2006
  5. billp

billp

Thanks Nutseal. Save me 1 phonecall :D

Was curious as to how Investor R/T will charge. I thought that Investor R/T would not even give us the volume profile and market profile unless its through Marketdelta. Guess I was wrong.

As for Marketdelta existing users/new users, the below is the email sent out by them. 1 change though. The $99 (standard) I believe is the promotional price. Non-promotional is $129. I've pasted the email (relevant portion) sent out by Marketdelta.

Promotional Pricing
    Standard Version - $99/mo
    Standard + Market Profile® - $129/mo
    Professional - no promotional pricing

Non-Promotional Pricing
    Standard Version - $129/mo
    Standard + Market Profile® - $159/mo
    Professional - $199/mo

5pillars,
    Can you let us know for existing users of Investor R/T what the fees is once you know. I suspect it is still the same ($59) + $20. Thks

#15     Aug 29, 2006
  6. Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I think you are right in that the volume profile and market profile will only be available through Market Delta.

When I said has, I ment right now (past old system), not under the new arrangement though.

I don't think Investor/RT is going to make the 20.00 add on available anymore. But I could be wrong.

Nutsneal

#16     Aug 29, 2006
  7. Linn Software will still offer Market Profile as a $20 add-on (with Investor/RT)...however, Volume Profile charts (now Footprint charts) will be offered exclusively through MarketDelta...and they optionally offer a Market Profile & Professional version. But footprint charts will be a staple of the standard editions of MarketDelta, and offered exclusively through them....as I understand it.

#17     Aug 29, 2006
  8. Hektor,

You will not be able to get the "marketdelta" like charts in IRT anymore - this happened a couple weeks ago. Only way to ever get them now is through marketdelta. While IRT developers are maintaining the marketdelta code base going forward, you cannot get it from IRT anymore.

Kind regards,
    MK

#18     Aug 29, 2006
  9. Market profile is from IRT - $20 /month.

#19     Aug 29, 2006
  10. billp

billp

Thanks Nutseal

#20     Aug 30, 2006