Market Delta by bolter

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by bolter, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charly

Charly

----> EdgeHunter Thank you

- as usual: very friendly and very helpful -

I'll do my best :D will be good for my
    pidgeon English, too.

Charly

#331     Dec 4, 2006
  2. I did a very poor job of my earlier post above.

What I meant was, lets say someone is on the ask for 250 contracts. If there are 13 buyers picking off these 250 contracts, I believe the Globex will report it as 1 tick for 250 contracts. But then again, I am not completely sure on this.

How will the above situation affect the filters of the big boys vs. the small retail traders?

#332     Dec 4, 2006
  3. bolter

bolter

hi forex,
    Obviously MD can only present the data as it is supplied. There are alot of idiosyncracies with the way data is provided by the various exchanges/platforms and then how it is processed and supplied by data vendors.

It's just no practicable to expect to receive actual trade-by-trade data for a bunch of markets across the globe, real-time with no apparent latency even during fast-markets, across an internet connection to some form of wintel based app running god knows what else, all for $80 per month. This is especially the case with the dramatic increases in futures markets/volume in recent years.

Institutional-grade solutions are available but well beyond the reach of we mere mortals.

Having said that the data aggregation being undertaken by the CME, IB, eSignal etc etc means that we get access to timely data at a very reasonable cost, at the expense of some granularity. A worthwhile compromise from my perspective. I don't wish to sound like an exchange/ data vendor apologist - by I am a pragmatist. And anybody who has traded for 5 or 10 years will know how far trading technology has come in that time.

Having said all that, the big vs small delta works fine on CME data. It's obviously not 100% accurate but thats not important. It's a broad concept at best and as such does not engender itself to finely-tuned measurement. It definitely provides an advantage - so I am happy to use it in it's current form.

Good luck,
    bolter

#333     Dec 4, 2006
  4. bolter

bolter

Moderators,

Did you see my request to close this thread - please? If you would be so kind.

Thanks again to everyone for their participation and/or interest.

see you 'round,
    bolter

#334     Dec 4, 2006

5. Noooooooooooooooooooo!

:eek:

Thanks for your time and efforts bolter....

#335     Dec 4, 2006
  6. billg155

billg155

why close this thread just becuase one person doesnt want to stay with it . i think this post should stay open bill

#336     Dec 5, 2006
  7. bolter

bolter

bill,
    Such is the perogative of the thread originator. Feel free to start you're own thread if you believe there is more to be said on this subject.
    bolter

#337     Dec 6, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.