Market Data Subscription Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ro ana, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ro ana

ro ana

I'm having a hard time figuring out which data subscription I need for IB. I need minute date of the high, low, open, close prices, as well as minute volume. I also need historical data from the previous trading day as well.

I only trade NASDAQ stocks as well. I'd appreciate any insight or advice!

2. ET180

ET180

All my data fees are waived except for except for:

US Equity and Options Add-On Streaming Bundle - Includes streaming realtime quotes for NYSE (CTA/Network A), AMEX (CTA/Network B), NASDAQ (UTP/Network C), and OPRA (US Options). Requires subscription to US Securities Snapshot and Futures Value Bundle.

I assume that if you don't subscribe to that pack, then you'll get delayed quotes. I only use WebTrader so if it's something related to TWS or the API, then I don't need it. It's only $4.50 though so I never bothered looking into it.

3. Go to IB market data assistance for help
    https://ibkr.info/node/1201

4. This is a good starting point.
    Another thing what you could do is to go into TWS and select a stock you are interested in. If you don't have the correct subscription for it will TWS show only delayed data. And gives you the option to go direct to market data subscription and suggests what subscription you would need for that stock.

5. ro ana

ro ana

I tried going to this, but it wasn't clear which one I needed to get both historical and live minute data for Nasdaq securities.

6. ro ana

ro ana

In the version of TWS i have, it doesn't seem to do this. I used the market data assistant which seems to be similar, but there doesn't appear to be many details on which is best.

7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Make sure you go to Global Config and check the questions about the Caution Boxes that have to do with Market Data Assistant -- specifically, that it is 'un-checked' and will bring up Market Data Assistant whenever there is a usage/data permissions question.