Market Cycles learned from experience...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bullverine, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Bakinec

Bakinec

When you say capped, you mean the requirement that a bar does not close until a certain exact limit (ex. 5000 contracts) has been fulfilled, correct?

#31     Mar 14, 2010
  2. Correct. You want ever bar to be exactly the same amount of volume YOU make it. This way it gives YOU control of the speed of the chart. The more volume per bar the slower the chart.

#32     Mar 14, 2010
  3. Doesn't Ensign offer constant volume?

#33     Mar 14, 2010
  4. Bakinec

Bakinec

Thanks again Prof!

I wonder if there is a chart software that combines price-range bars with volume-bars. For example, set a requirement that a bar doesn't close until it reaches a certain volume limit AND a certain price range. That would be next to the Holy Grail, IMH-inexperienced-O.

#34     Mar 14, 2010
  5. Yes, and they were the first to offer capped volume bars but they had a problem with a trader monitoring many markets. It was a chart refresh problem. If they have fixed it, great. If they haven't I wouldn't use them.

#35     Mar 14, 2010
  6. I know that MuiltiCharts will allow dual data streams so theoretically you could overlay constant volume bars on top of range bars or vise versa using dual data streams. I don't use the range bars but you could ask their support.

#36     Mar 14, 2010
  7. Lethn

Lethn

Oh here's another one. Make sure you exit a trade before 6:30pm on a Friday because there is no fucking way you'll be getting your money back over the weekend unless you're extremely lucky.

#37     Mar 14, 2010
  8. jprad

jprad

By forcing each bar to have the same number of contracts/shares you're pretty much guaranteeing that you will have to split a given tick in two.

Each tick, IMHO, should be treated atomically instead of being split in two because of some arbitrary bar size.

That same principle works in reverse. Data vendors or brokers who aggregate ticks are just as broken for merging atoms to reduce bandwidth utilization.

#38     Mar 14, 2010
  9. Gann, Fib, Hurst, Lunar, Elliot Wave, Fourier

I've got my own, but those won't be shared. Only shared them with 1 person on here. I guess they're nothing special, but I traded them rather well (equity curve below).

They needed some cleaning up though and inexperience was to blame.

Here's what you have to look forward to. Don't think I could ever create this period again since intuition and high stress played a bit of a roll. Could get close though ;)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2562494

Cycles are the direction to head though.

#39     Mar 14, 2010
  10. Bakinec

Bakinec

I recently started diving into astrological market analysis. That's where I got the 5* Uranus cycle from. Too bad it's not an intra-day cycle tho, then it would be priceless!

When Moon aspects Mars or Saturn, you know the market's going down.

Sun is like the big impotent guy sitting there on the ephemeris. No matter which planet or point aspects it, there's no effect on price action.

#40     Mar 14, 2010