Market Cycles learned from experience...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bullverine, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Ladies and Gentlemen:

I was wondering if anyone could share the market cycles that they have observed and learned from their own experience. Things that seem to happen same time every year/month (example: option expire same time every year or things seem to always go up/down before the X holiday) . Its possible that this might have nothing to do with experience and is public knowledge which I am not aware of, but I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.:cool:

2. achilles28

achilles28

Fresh out of ideas, champ?

3. Nope, just lack experience. Please don't flame.

4. old saw: 'sell in May and go away'

5. noddyboy

noddyboy

new: buy gld buy more ewz

6. Buy stocks that are earlier on in the alphabet... people hate looking through any resource to find something, stick with anything before J.

7. the long end of the curve flattens after ty auctions if there is a us auction the next day (which you should exit 1-2 hr in front of)- likely will until liquidity issues change

8. dinkydow

dinkydow

If you looking at price, when stocks get near round numbers, like 12 or 15 or 25 I have found a strong tendency for the stock to move up or down at that point.

9. NoDoji

NoDoji

Here's a slam-dunk, home-run setup:

Once the ES has ranged around on the daily chart above the upper Keltner channel line (20-period, dev 1.0) between 3 and 8 days, China or Europe will spook the market and you'll get a decent retracement at the very least to just below the upper channel line, more frequently to the 20-day MA, and sometimes all the way to, or below, the lower channel line.

It's a counter-trend swing trader's dream. :D

Today, by the way, is day 8 in the latest cycle.

Now keep in mind that once you identify an "if X, then Y, leads to Z" pattern, you definitely need a trading plan in advance in case Murphy comes along to prove otherwise.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=193439

10. Lethn

Lethn

Something I've learned recently:

The pound is a stubborn bitch

#10     Mar 12, 2010