Market Crash?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 1flyfisher, Sep 29, 2008.

1. I've got a lot of money in FDLXX (Fidelity US Treasury Money Market Mutual Fund). I hope to weather the storm there. Other than individual US Treasury debt securities, can anybody think of something safer than FDLXX?

#11     Sep 29, 2008
  2. iprph90

iprph90

i agree to some degree, but if you are talking about selling leap puts then you are not really benefiting from the volatility skew. have you seen the bid-ask on anything short term.

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  3. new$

new$

Swiss bonds
    :cool:

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. just wait till the next financial co, bank, home builder goes bankrupt (and someone will) and we see some nice unemployment up ticks......then we'll see the real sell off.

They are saying this may not get passed till thursday. The market wanted the package......the next few days may see a big drop.
    It might be recession talk(actual declining gdp)and declines reported in consumer spending will tear this market down.
    We have some serious economic problems. There are serious fundamental problems in the economy which will be ongoing.
    Declining Jobs, record foreclosures, collapsing banks and financial institutions....Cash is KING.

This is going to get uglier before it gets better.

Protect your capital, keep your powder dry, don't try and pick the bottom, be smart, be safe, don't be greed. let the idiots rush in and catch the falling knife.
    Smart money waits.

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. Swiss bonds would probably be a good choice if I were to plan to hold them until maturity. I'm not looking to pay a spread to get in and out of bonds. Since I'm looking for something short-term, I think I'll stick with FDLXX. Other US treasury MM funds are good alternatives depending where your money is. VMPXX by Vanguard is a good alternative.

#15     Sep 29, 2008
  6. all we need next is the fuckin russians to help that maniac in Venezuela to develop a nuclear bomb..

...oh wait that's happening........

#16     Sep 29, 2008
  7. Things are getting a whole lot worse a whole lot faster than you may think.
    You may have heard of the Dow Theory? Over a hundred years ago Dow calculated when the market goes over 14000 it would cross a point of no return. And the corresponding down turn would achieve what is called critical market mass. This has been confirmed by the use of mathematical tools like the Fibonacci retracement. The folly of mice and men comes to mind. As the market begins its free fall, attempts will be made to correct this situation. But as the meddlers meddle with the market they will only make things worse. Each correction will be followed by an overcorrection. And the Dow chain reaction will begin. This will make 1929 crash look like child’s play. It is predicted that the DOW will fall so hard and so fast it will actually achieve negative numbers. Now there are naysayers and non believers in the DOW who do nothing to prepare. Admittedly monkeys are not men so how can God's own monkey George Walker Bush save us? We must ready ourselves for the inevitable to come.

#17     Sep 29, 2008
  8. haha, negative numbers.

bagholders tax

#18     Sep 29, 2008
  9. What a jackoff.

#19     Sep 29, 2008