Market crash this week

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner1, Feb 22, 2011.

1. alloyGTR

alloyGTR

+1

It always makes me laugh when the bears get excited about a pull back, the bulls have been loading up their accounts for the past 2 years riding the trend and the amount of bears that have been selling this rally the whole way up is insane. I suppose when you suffer torrid months of financial pain and squeezing the first sight of the prospect of of a change in their fortunes is something to get excited about......

#11     Feb 23, 2011
  2. Larson

Larson Guest

krazy, you are a permabull, right?
    It has paid off, but the question is, will it continue.

#12     Feb 23, 2011
  3. Admittedly I am: historically I'm long/short 80%/20% - for the way I trade I'd rather be neutral than be short.(not optimal, I know, but it works for my style) When I do go short it's always specific companies or individual issues.(google was one of my biggest shorts)

Part of my thesis is that the long-term bias is up and that corrections are always sharper than advances. There will be a correction, but pending a 6-sigma event, I don't show us there yet.

#13     Feb 23, 2011

4. I have seen it all in 1998 and 2001. The bulls of those days are out of business.

Hopefully, you have your money in the pocket. :p

#14     Feb 23, 2011
  5. I already take part of the profits and close some positions in NQ at this level.

"power wears out those that don't have it"

#15     Feb 23, 2011
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

+1
    Sounds like we have something in common!

#16     Feb 23, 2011
  7. Wow, a whopping 3% decline from the highs in the S&P and you are already exiting? Sounds like a real home-run there!

#17     Feb 23, 2011
  8. IMHO NQ is down a bit more than 4% within two days. Not too bad, IMHO.

Of course it depends on the size someone is trading.

:D

#18     Feb 23, 2011
  9. Bernake already printing pictures of oil to cure the problem.

#19     Feb 23, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let me guess...you sold the very top tick and covered today on the tick low? Gotcha. Dude, I think you made 1% on this short. Congrats. You have a long way to go to make back the other 80% you lost on this rally.

#20     Feb 23, 2011