market crash of 1987

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NYSEtrader123, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

extremely false

#41     Feb 26, 2006
  2. skalper

skalper

Man u guys brought back some memories. I just stumbled on this thread re: '87 crash. I was in the spooz then. I remember going home that Friday (Oct 16) with a bad feeling. Sunday night the big news was Tokyo...down big
    Monday morning was unreal. U had to be there to believe it. The Shearson desk got a sell order from Soros to sell 2500 futures (old spooz...as in $500 a handle) before the opening bell.
    U should have seen their filling broker.....offered it all the way down while showing his size.
    The locals who didn't have positions just let it fall like a rock.
    Not a good day to try and pick a bottom.
    Best story of the day was about a filling broker who went the wrong way on a chunky order, and made a million plus.

#42     Feb 27, 2006
  3. And how many weeks did it take for you to figure this out sir? In case you haven't noticed our friend, Rennick is quite the comic. I suggest you have a laugh once in awhile sir.

Good night.

#43     Feb 27, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This was my second post about the veracity of the statement.

#44     Feb 27, 2006
  5. "Korean War Vet" who is a minimum of 70 years old who signs off as "Rennick Out"

You're telling me this is bullshit?

You're kidding.

:cool:

#45     Feb 27, 2006
  6. I'll have the wife go up in the Attic to find a newspaper article about the incident. Hey Doc, I guess you like the Vodka, I'm a Gin and Tonic man myself. I was down at the Rusty Nail last night and there's a lady barkeep with a set of cans that makes you sit there and have another. There was one of the fella's from my 87 story sitting at the bar. That poor guy is still fretting over getting wiped out that day.

...Rennick out

#46     Feb 28, 2006