Market Crash Imminent?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin, Mar 19, 2008.

1. You are correct. If Asia starts collapsing Sunday evening watch the Fed issue another press release like this:

Release Date: March 14, 2008

For immediate release

The Federal Reserve is monitoring market developments closely and will continue to provide liquidity as necessary to promote the orderly functioning of the financial system

===

This press release serves no other purpose than a warning to those big players, and to remind them who's boss.

#31     Jun 28, 2008
  2. Let's assume the Fed spent all their cash they have on the balance sheet. What's the legal process for Bernanke to walk over to his computer and add another half trillion or so to it's balance sheet.

#32     Jun 28, 2008
  3. opt789

opt789

From my bablefish translantion:
    "We will print as much money as needed to bail out any firms as needed because inflation is the only way possible out of the fact that the US government is essentially bankrupt. We and the government want the stock market to go up so the sheeple will keep quiet."

#33     Jun 28, 2008
  4. capmac

capmac

Tomorrow...

ECB rate hike + crappy job #s = ??

:D

#34     Jul 2, 2008
  5. capmac

capmac

Anyone buying the dips?

#35     Jul 9, 2008
  6. :eek:

#36     Jul 9, 2008
  7. Looks like a 1000 point drop is going to happen sooner rather than later.

Maybe even tomorrow or Monday. By the end of next week at the latest :D

Not that this post contributes anything of value. I think Fortis and RBS will be proven right very soon.

#37     Jul 10, 2008
  8. you're the same bum that started this thread in march. you're a loser

#38     Jul 10, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

I think the DOW is headed for a 1000+ single day drop sooner than later, with all this new just piling on day after day hour after hour something is going to give, if 1-2 more banks end up being bailed out by the fed, DOW 10k is coming.

#39     Jul 11, 2008
  10. capmac

capmac

08:44 FRE -49% and FNM -52% continue to plunge pre-mkt, also seeing heavy selling in the broad-based XLF -3%

LEH -9% is getting particularly hard-hit pre-mkt

#40     Jul 11, 2008