Market conditions turning unfavorable

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thehangingman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I was going to say around 984 days, but you never know, maybe the bears will catch a break and will see it drop in about 593 days.

#21     Jan 17, 2007
  2. No... his hesitation is like the pause at the half way point... so we may only be halfway up to the top... the pause that refreshes...

:D

cj...

#22     Jan 17, 2007
  3. Butterball

Butterball

We had a HUGE selloff on the Nasdaq yesterday already! We were a massive 5 points in the red. From here on, it will bounce back up 500 points.

#23     Jan 17, 2007
  4. There has been a definite move to drug and healthcare stocks over the past two weeks. I've been over-weighted in this sector and there still looks like there is plenty of upside to go.

#24     Jan 17, 2007
  5. think about it aapl didn`t put the rush on that i-phone b/c their growth is so stellar---they seem pretty desperate to give their competitors that much "advance notice" when they won`t even ship the damn thing til JUNE--by that time iraq will be in a full blown sunni/shiite middle east war---and the entire market will have sold off by then--and the koreans will have 3 products very similar for half that price---i-pod sales are slowing---and their current pe doesn`t justify this stock price right here--major sell-off when they miss, and even bigger one when goog/yahoo both miss next week---i mean you can ignore bad news up to a point....but mot, sap, intc, amd, centex, all the sub-prime troubles, interest rates rising, slowing growth, people just buying out of the money calls, like the intc 22.50`s b/c stocks can`t possibly go down, these are irrational times, and standard deviations and the bell curve exist for a reason throughout history, b/c markets being out of balance always correct. You cannot honestly think that equities look cheap right here, don`t tell me you look out at the stocks that you follow, and say to yourself, "gee....that looks like a bargin!" All the stocks I follow are way over-priced right now!!!

#25     Jan 17, 2007
  6. Bowgett

Bowgett

Nobody here thinks stocks are cheap. All traders care is they move UP means we buy. Stocks might be more and more expensive as they move up. This is eliteTRADER not eliteINVESTOR.

#26     Jan 17, 2007
  7. I very seriously doubt aapl will disappoint. There will be profit taking because of the huge runup, but that's it. Keep looking at that bell curve. All I can tell you is there is more money to be made at the extremes of the curve than in the middle.

#27     Jan 17, 2007
  8. Butterball

Butterball

[​IMG]

#28     Jan 17, 2007
  9. lol

#29     Jan 17, 2007
  10. Beer to brains indicator is still in favor of beer.

#30     Jan 17, 2007