"Market Commentary" Article being passed around trading pits

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Sep 19, 2008.

1. jd7419

jd7419

No apparently he is not. Every time that douchebag Barney Frank gets on cnbc I want to reach through the tv and rip his head off. All of this bullshit originated from Frank and his pals.

#21     Sep 19, 2008
  2. Pabst..... are you getting a ton of 'before you vote, read this...... emails that just knock the hell out of O'bama. I have yet to get a 'I hate McCain.........."

I cant' help but think, regardless of what the polls say , McCain blows him away by ten or more. What do you think?

#22     Sep 19, 2008
  3. I truly suck as an election prognosticator. I can see both sides of this trade but I personally know a dozen or more life long Democrats who're voting for McCain. I have an older cousin who lives in Iowa-the typical secular, educated, "concerned" Midwest lib-a supporter of Kucinich- and even he is voting for McCain. He views Obama as a war monger with something to prove. I do too....

#23     Sep 19, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

You'll be shocked to learn, Pabst, that i have the same concern as you re Obama. However i am assuming he is saying what he needs to say to get elected. This is, after all, a rather war mongering country. On the other hand Obama is a bright, energetic, well-educated guy in his prime. And those are all qualities I want in the leadership of my country. I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt, because the two alternatives of either a senile president, or a President Palin, scares the fricken bejesus out of me.

Whatever happened to the perfectly good word "nimcompoop" ? It seems to be rather underused these days.

#24     Sep 20, 2008
  5. As you know JFK was also a "bright, energetic, well-educated guy in his prime." A best selling author too! As my Dad used to say "he was only President 1000 days but that was long enough for him to let Cuba go Communist and get us involved in Vietnam".

I look at Obama like this: Best case he's only an ineffectual Carter/JFK type. Worst case he's FDR or LBJ. I see zero chance of him being a steady hand like Clinton, Reagan or Ike.

#25     Sep 20, 2008
  6. sg20

sg20

Isn't Bush used to be a bright , energetic, well educated and in his prime, can you say such good things about him now?... On the other hand, McCain is a confident and intellectual guy, with his life long experience he can bring about the real change to W to stop this wide spread corruption before it's too late or is it already. On second thought, it's Obama who was also among this Washington crowd of unworthiness, after all his second biggest campaign contributor was.... FANNIE MAE and FREDDIE MAC. The dude voted 130 times present on the Senate floor, can you really tell that he's a true leader with ambition and a clear and undecided mind...

sg20

#26     Sep 20, 2008
  7. As the Most Reverend Wright would say, "the chickens are coming home to roost!"

Those chickens, of course, are the hatchlings of the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977, and dem congressmen, Clinton, groups like Acorn, and the tied at the hip relationship between dems and gse's.

For another revealing article, such as the op's, read:
    http://mises.org/story/2963

#27     Sep 20, 2008
  8. In his prime Bush was sauced all the time and was doing yo-yo. I don't know where you got the bright and well educated part. If he is bright and well educated then I guess your standards are pretty low.

This mess that we are in was started by Reagan and Greenspan. This would have gotten worse much earlier had Bill Clinton not been the president.

Just 1 question to you all conservatives. What are you trying to conserve?

#28     Sep 20, 2008
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Yes indeed Kennedy wasn't as perfect as he is painted. Escalation in Vietnam was a huge mistake. You'll be interested to learn, unless you read his book, that Daniel Ellsberg in his very well documented book "Papers on the War" states flat out that Kennedy had realized his mistake and had plans to begin withdrawing from Vietnam after the election -- an election that he did not live to see. But that does not excuse his mistake. The Cuban situation is not that simple. And frankly the US has handled relations with Cuba very, very badly because of the sympathies, and votes!, of the older generation of displaced Cubans in Miami. They are now dying out, and this will make it politically possible to improve relations with Cuba, as they should be.

But Pabst, the question is which is the greater risk: McCain/Pailn or Obama/Biden . You think it's the latter, I think it's the former. And that's Ok with me. There is plenty of room for disagreement here.

#29     Sep 20, 2008
  10. You sir present well reasoned opinons-of which I oft disagree-but you're a literate thinker who always has something interesting to say. I've wanted to pick up that Ellsberg book since I was as kid. Thank's, it's my next read.

#30     Sep 20, 2008