"Market Collapse? Panic?"... Total HOGWASH

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Sep 23, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Agree about CDS. As a Liberatarian, i loathe advocating regulation.

But CDS needs to be regulated 1-to-1. Then let them fail.

Compounding moral hazards lead to the Real Estate collapse, CDS and junk debt sold as triple A.

If the Treasury bails this out now, in a few short years, Wallstreet will have come up with 10 new ways to sell premium while holding a gun in Americas Mouth.

Thats what Wallstreet does. Its Financial Terrorism.

Oh, Bernacke, we fucked up. If you don't bail us out, the economy WILL COLLAPSE.

Lets not forget, the FED is owned by the Banks anyway. So its not even arms length. Its lets-see-if-it-works-and-if-it-doesn't-we'll-stick-the-taxpayer-with-it

These people are high criminals.

#51     Sep 23, 2008
  2. Quote from gnome:

I'M NAIVE? You impudent little POS!

Very!! But actually, stupid, dumb, clueless, foolish, dope, lowbrow, moron and

beetle-brained things come to mind. You have the intelligence of a lizard,

and that is being cruel to lizards.

It is funny, I read another of your posts earlier, and it was stupid enough that I

figured out it was you before looking at the name.

Sure, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME... what's likely?

Dummy

There is no logic to your arugment. You merely jibber.

I somehow thought you wouldn't understand. You usually don't.

#52     Sep 23, 2008
  3. but keep in mind that is exactly what the passengers of the Titanic said, as they refused to get into the life boats and went back into their cabins..... "its only a drill"..................

#53     Sep 23, 2008
  4. bgp

bgp

usually the less educated or more intelligent.

:confused:

bgp

#54     Sep 23, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Even when you shout, you still jibber.

#55     Sep 23, 2008
  6. "I must tell you, there are those in the public debate who have said that we must act now. The last time I heard that, I was on a used-car lot," said Rep. Mike Pence, R-Indiana. "The truth is, every time somebody tells you that you've got to do the deal right now, it usually means they're going to get the better part of the deal."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/23/congress.bailout.reax/index.html

how right he is :D

#56     Sep 23, 2008
  7. Minyanville, Todd Harrison, who in not an ET dweeb.

# One thing became perfectly clear during these testimonies. Policy makers have NO CLUE about the magnitude of this crisis, the dangers of derivatives or the potential consequences that could manifest. They don't seem to "get" that even with massive intervention, it might be too late to stop the contagion.

# And they seemingly have no understanding about the risks associated with the adoption of this bailout, the unintended consequences that are already in motion, the fragility of social mood and the dependence on credit in a finance-based economy.

-----------------------------------------
    The same policy makers that let things get out of hand, are too stoned to see how serious the problem is.

Bring Back Public Hanging

#57     Sep 24, 2008
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I agree. Already in motion too... Scary

#58     Sep 24, 2008
  9. ken__0

ken__0

Why would they care? just the top 50 combined on the hill, have about a trillion in personal assett's.
    What happened to elliot spitzonher:D ?
    wasnt he suppose to crackdown on this.
    The toilets are all stopped up with putrid sh!t, needs some liquid draino to flush it and them out.

#59     Sep 24, 2008
  10. My projections...

-Everyone that bought stocks after 94/95/96 is going to break even for 20 years, and sell in digust at the end. The exact same cycle as the late 20's to early 50's, and late 60's to early 80's.

We've already had 10 years of no growth in the S&P. Figure another 10, 12, 15 years of flat, or choppy returns. Although valuations aren't as high as the nikkei (p/e 80), the public lost that bet (buying after the mid 80's).

The "e" in p/e is going to go down with slower growth, higher interest rates, accounting tricks/fraud/earnings engineering from the 90's showing up, etc. The boom of the late 90's is going to look more like a scam as we get farther away from it.

-Much higher commodity prices in 10 or 15 years. The Jim Rogers, commodity super cycle. Started from a low base in 98, will end in hysteria. And with China, India growth. Higher inflation.

-Real estate flat to down. What happened to real estate prices in relation to income?

-Much higher bond prices in the end (similar to volcker in the 80's ending inflation?).

-Huge collapse in retail as credit contracts.

-Bernanke, Paulson? Another lost decade like Japan? Continuing to prop up the system?

What keeps me optimistic, is american capitalism and entrepreneurialism has so much momentum, you don't just turn that in a year or two. We're not going to turn into Angola in 2 years.

Buffett's favorite phrase..."the market is there to serve you, not to instruct you". We're all being instructed to be panicked idiots.

#60     Sep 24, 2008