"Market Collapse? Panic?"... Total HOGWASH

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gnome, Sep 23, 2008.

1. so the BSC problems/Indymac BK/LEH BK were all part of our imagination?

Oh good. I'll sleep better tonight.

Get real you fruit

#11     Sep 23, 2008
  2. [​IMG]

#12     Sep 23, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

to say nothing is wrong is absurd....I dont care how good any of these conspiracy theories sound or look on you tube....Ron Paul aint studerring for notin'..... it's very simple; the greed got to every single level of the ladder...thats what happened

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. d08

d08

The republicans are trying to screw things up as much as possible. The system is flawed - you can screw up as much as you want but you still get 4 years on the job, no private enterprise (the board and shareholders) would tolerate this. This basically means that one man can take down a country of 300 million with all its history and achievements, I find this a tremendous flaw. (/offtopic)

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Hogwash???

hmmmm

There is panic, lots of panic, dont be surprised when the DOW is trading under 10k, because I wont be.

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. Here's reality:
    Republican agenda is to deregulate business and do everything else for business to the detriment of Joe working man.

Deregulation allows leverage to skyrocket which is great in good times (look at GS share price 1999-2007). But we all know as traders what happens when your leverage is high and things go against you. Problem is these investment banks could not get out of their trades fast enough - nobody wants the other side of the trade. They got over levereged in what became an illiquid market. Imagine if your 4:1 margin trade at 100% of your margin went against you and then sudenly there was no liquidity in the market. You're done!

These banks are all done. Now they want Joe working man to bail them out. I say screw these investment banks, the investors on the wrong side of the trades, and most importantly, the CEO's (including and especially Hank Dickhead Paulson) should go to prison.

Let it all go down and start over. It will only be a better system next time.

And to those foreigners who made bad investments here - screw them too.

If I buy LEH at $30 and it goes to zero I have zero. Well so should they.

Hank Paulson is on tv right now saying this will free up credit markets for Main Street. I say that's bullshit. The banks still won't lend money (hopefully) like they used to. The old days are OVER. It's a whole new ballgame. Don't rob the poor to pay the rich.

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. It’s really quite simple. Wall Street is not going to get there massive bonuses. Goldman last year handed out 80 billion how about that.

This money from congress will help elevate the pain. The banking firms will have the flexibility to dole out pretty nice bonuses after all.

The banks know they have leverage over congress, IT’S AN ELECTION YEAR. These politicians will sell there soul to get re elected.

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

SPEAKING OF BONUSES...

Does anyone on Wallstreet deserve a bonus??

The answer is NO one deserves a bonus.

:)

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. Acumen

Acumen

I’m of the opinion that this is all part of our struggle for power with China. We need to get our cash reserves up. To do it we pushed down the dollar, and started taking over financial institutions. Kind of makes sense.

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. SOUNDS LIKE THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFE TIME.

#20     Sep 23, 2008