Market Code Crack'd?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by floortradr542, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks to those whom missed my presence. Here's what's been happening...

The first posts were a definate fluke. Twenty-five trades per day is overdoing it, especially for a retail trader such as myself and I assume most of y'all. The methodology has been altered slightly and scaled down a bit, though still profitable.

I feel like I have an unseen congregation and would be letting people down (or some just waiting for the kill) if I posted a losing day. Although I've had two 5 point losing days so far.

I will say this: quality counts far more than quanity. If one could earn an almost certain 20 to 50 (ER) ticks every day, wouldn't you bet the farm every time?? That's what I'm working on. I do not want high probability, I want virtual certainty. Do not take that to mean guaranteed profits. Virtual certainty to me is pulling the trigger 100% of the time while betting the farm, two pink slips and sending my mother-in-law C.O.D. if I have to.

Today:

S 714.10 8:20
    B 708.30 8:42 5.80

Total Trades: 1
    Winners: 1
    Losers: 0

Spent the rest of the day taking my family to the circus. It is the real reason I trade-- freedom.

#21     Jun 8, 2006
  2. This is your journal, if anyone has a problem with your posts (or going for th e kill as you put it), you can simply ignore them. After all, you're doing this for yourself and not others. Hey, some of us including me might be able to pick up some nuggets of wisdom from your posts. That's what got me to join ET in the first place. Goold luck and enjoy the ride.

Cariocas

#22     Jun 8, 2006
  3. Thank you, Cariocas.

It is now 8:46 C.S.T. Entered SellShort at 702.60 at 8:25. In the interim, this market seems to be going to heck in a handbasket.

The Rinehart model predicts a market turning (downward) point in June '06. It appears to be following thru.

Covered short at 697.70 at 8:39 C.S.T. Gain of 4.90.

Most traders wait for the open to elapse and determine trend. I'm jumping right in before the gates open. Everyone ducks for cover to avoid the tsunami and I am surfing that very wave to the shore. My greatest and fastest profits are made before 9:00 a.m. Chaos creates opportunity. To truly profit in these markets, one must go where other (traders) fear to tread. If it is a hard trade to execute, you're doing something right.

#23     Jun 8, 2006
  4. Cramer, I'm not. But my fave stock play is MasterCard (MA)

I entered a position on 6-6-06 determining to hold for 5 years. Reasoned simply; to most Americans, credit is crack. Most are highly addicted. This company can only make money. It's funny-mentals are great.

For a truly long term investment, wait for this cycle to bottom-out and pick up a few (thousand) shares.

I entered my position at 49.99 and exited at the close of 48.65 for a 2.34 point loss. For long term positions, if I am not in profit THAT VERY DAY, I exit the position no matter how strongly I feel about it.

For all longer term positions, one must always have a profit-cushion. It is more prudent to break-even from a small profit than have your hard stop hit.
    This is what Warren Buffett meant when he says" don't lose money".

Forget Cramer's prediction of MA hitting $60. MA is the next few years GOOG. I anticipate a 8 to 10 bagger within the next 5 years. Remember, credit is crack. Everyone is addicted.

#24     Jun 8, 2006
  5. Floortradr542,

What is the profit factor of your "Holy Grail" ?

Keep it up !

#25     Jun 8, 2006
  6. If you want a long term position without much risk why not buy a LEAP option? Most options traders lose money, but if you're certain you'd tie up significantly less capital in an option than buying the same stock.

SSB

#26     Jun 8, 2006
  7. Good trading! as far as posting intraday, most times. this contract just moves too rapidly to post and trade simultaneously.

I am interested in viewing how you incorporate MP with other charts, etc. Can you post examples of MP and whatever other charts you prefer to use?

thanks,
    rdt

#27     Jun 8, 2006
  8. The title of my thread is hyperbole, I admit. In my mind, I feel like I've cracked it. My bottom line certainly thinks so.

My current profit factor is 3:1

I'm really in the dark ages when it comes to tech. I know how to send, reply and forward. I do not know how to post anything.

Even if I did, I wouldn't. The beauty of my method is simplicity. If I showed charts I would give away the store; the methodology is that clear.

Here's some insight that took me many months to realize: it's not the method, it's the market. The only thing one needs to earn a living trading is a TRENDING MARKET. That, and the ability to read your chosen market. A signal is worthless if your market does not follow thru. Find a trending market, KNOW why it is trending, then create a simple way to read it.

I started my career trading ES and I had to fight for every tick earned. With ER, sometimes it feels like I'm tailing an armored car and it is dropping coins every where it goes. I tell ya, it's a good feeling.

#28     Jun 9, 2006
  9. mhashe

mhashe

I think you've hit the only thing that really works in the markets. Analyzing other participants *perception* of the "news" to form new value areas. ie trading new support and resistance levels at a comfortable fractal. If I may suggest, try working on your risk criterias, after all that's all the trading business is.....it's taking on and managing the markets risk. The more efficiently you do that job the bigger raise mr. market gives you. Continued sucess in your startegy.

#29     Jun 9, 2006
  10. This thread is part self-congradulatory and part encouragement. If I can do it, you can too.

My pre-market morning ritual consists of reading the headlines at Yahoo, and investor.com and taking my vitamins. That's it. I do not read market reports. I do not anticipate or analyze. it keeps me from second guessing the signals.

Here's my method: I am my own contrarian. If I am 100% certain the market will tank, I go long.

#30     Jun 9, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.