market closed on monday for presidential holiday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by howardy2k, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Thanks

2. yes

3. Ebo

Ebo

You read my mind!

I bet 1/2 these Frogs on here do not even know whose Birthday's are being celebrated.

:D

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

5. alanm

alanm

Do these people really not realize that there are websites for exchange that contain the answers to such questions? Or are they just being lazy and expecting us to do their (trivial) homework for them? I can only suggest that we stop answering them with anything other than "RTFM".

Not that they couldn't be found easily with any search engine, but here's a list of most markets that matter, courtesy of IB. At the top of each page is a link to the market's website: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/products.php?ib_entity=llc

6. i asked a simple question for me and for others who are not paying attention to the market, but u fkers gave an essay on why this and that. wtf? excuse me:(

btw, thanks vhehn

7. lol ... what a warm and cuddly environment.

Whose President (and lets be honest, other than the disruption to trading, w g a f?)

8. For a guy that finds himself "hitting a ceiling with respect to how much he can pull out of the market," I'm amazed at the quoted post. The guy makes $2000, $5000 or $10,000 a day "without difficulty," but doesn't know where to look to find out if the market is open?

- Spydertrader

9. Not only is Market closed Monday but -- fyi
    according to Stock Traders Almanac the market has been down 13 of the past 14 yrs on the Fri before Presidents Day (which is tomorrow (trading-wise not time wise, lol).

PS - Spydertrader makes a great point about this posting

cowpok

#10     Feb 17, 2006