Market charlatans

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by MarketOwl, Jun 2, 2012.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

My post addresses those who generate income from teaching not those who do it as community service. Top pros don't teach for the same reason soloist does not i.e. by charitable donations ( soloist by creating music) they reach much broader audience than teaching 10, 100 or even 1000 guys how to trade 10 hours a week.
    As for dealmaking comment, HAHAHA!

#61     Mar 17, 2013
  2. The choice of teaching or trading to make money while mentoring is very humorous. You should watch for a week or so.

Try to get out of the either or orientation.

#62     Mar 17, 2013
  3. Jack,are you a sharksucker?

#63     Mar 18, 2013
  4. Teresa Lo, is she a market charlatan? She used to run a firm called smarterstops, but now it's called wealthcop. She seemed to go far on "hot asian trader chick" appeal.

#64     Mar 18, 2013
  5. jem

jem

I believe there is a difference between trader, investor, and person who trades off inside information.

I suspect many of the big hedgefunds get deals that the the Wallstreet banks can't keep on their own books.

For instance Paulson getting to short tranches of crap as anyone with a property in Florida already knew prices had dropped significantly.

That is not trading. That is Banking in the 21st century.
    That deal was so smelly you would guess that the managers of the losing fund probably used that deal to transfer some of their clients wealth to paulsons fund in exchange for some of Paulsons fund.

#65     Mar 18, 2013
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

Paulson's housing market short was the greatest trade, he had shorted the housing market long before it was obvious to everyone else including alot of institutional firms. By the way he was not the only one who had done it but he was the biggest short eg Dr Michael Burry had to hold his short 3 years before it paid off. Also if it was so obvious why did some institutions took the other side of that particular trade?

#66     Mar 18, 2013
  7. jsengxx

jsengxx

Hello,

I have read the hole thread from cj booth and I think it is al based on technical analysis, it is a good strategy so I think it is stupid just to see what poeple are writhing here!

Why not stop talking about what other people do and begin to write somting interesting like a good strategy for making money?

#67     Mar 19, 2013
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I looked briefly at some of it and it looks solid as rock to me.

90% of people will lose money with excellent strategies, so I wouldn't use "student" results as a guide to whether a trading strategy is profitable or not.

#68     Mar 19, 2013
  9. It's very nice of you to come here all the way from Big Mike's Trading forum to tell us how stupid and unappreciative we are of this work.

Enjoy the freedom of speech you are not accustomed to on that forum for losers and morons. Calling someone stupid there would get you banned in no time especially if you aimed it at Fat Tails (Harold Steinhaus) whose "legendary reputation" would never recover from it.

#69     Mar 22, 2013
  10. We do this all the time. It's just that if something really works you don't post it on a trading forum for everyone else to use. Didn't Big Mike or Fat Tails tell you that?

#70     Mar 22, 2013