Market charlatans

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by MarketOwl, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Buy gold,charlatans!It`s time to buy gold!

:D

#21     Mar 1, 2013
  2. I bought a book last week for $75 and here are some nuggets. This book has really helped me trade.

I would have spent $750 for this book, EASY

"Once the market fails at resistance, add to your short and put a stop about the day's high"

"After the low of the day is made, buy and put a stop under the low"

"Sell resistance, especially when it is a yearly high and the market fails to get above this level."

"never let a winner turn into a loser."

"add to winners, and cover right before the day's extreme is made."

this stuff should be secret code, locked in a vault.

some of you will get this (most), but I have a feeling one will not.

LOL

#22     Mar 1, 2013
  3. I don't get it

what's so funny?

sounds like good advice to me

#23     Mar 1, 2013
  4. There are so many crappy trading books out there, because those that really know about trading don't reveal their know how. The best books on trading are the old ones, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, Stock Market Psychology, Speculation as a Fine Art. All those books are over 90 years old. The only recent good trading books was The Market Wizards series but most of the interviewees only revealed some of their knowledge, probably the least valuable.

And those that just make a living selling trading education are the vast majority and UsELESS. Most of them push technical analysis, which for the most part doesn't work. And most of these trading education vendors don't have the expertise to do deep fundamental research, the most useful form of analysis.

#24     Mar 2, 2013
    Iwilldoit likes this.
  5. if it's so secret why are you telling it? Let me guess you're another guy who hasn't made shit in the market and is trying to sound smart or pump yourself up into believing you will make money. Show us what your lifestyle and how this "advice" has worked for you.

#25     Mar 2, 2013
  6. hes joking lol

if you look at the advice given it makes no sense.

for example

"never let a winner turn into a loser."

lol how do you know what is a winner. magic?

#26     Mar 2, 2013
  7. If only he were joking. I've been in the business for a while now, you see his type often enough to know he is not. most of these guys are just beginners trying to hype themselves up and believe they can flip the few thousand they have into a few more thousand.

#27     Mar 2, 2013
  8. I think they have pills now for people like you

not sure in your case it will hlep

but just like bullying

pathologically lying is a serious health threat

the first step is to admit you have a problem

I've been in the business for a while now

and you're not the first one I've seen

good luck in your recovery

#28     Mar 2, 2013
  9. you are a washed up old man, show everyone here what you've accomplished in life before anyone should take you seriously. you have no excuse. just don't tell me you are living in a 400k house, drive a prius, on a reverse mortgage, gambling your retirement savings away.

And FYI I have never lied on here. Just stated the often painful truth.

#29     Mar 2, 2013
  10. I cannot comment on his $3000 course, but pretty much everything that costs that much is a rip-off. I am not sure I would pay that much ever, unless he showed really solid evidence that his trading methods work. I can accept even simulated trades if I am convinced that they have not been faked.

Has he done so? Is he showing some solid evidence? I am just curious. May do my own DD later.

#30     Mar 2, 2013