Market Cetera...Is It Worth Trying Out?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Unhommefou, Mar 10, 2009.

1. maxdama

maxdama

The Marketcetera team has made very rapid progress. It's worth checking out.

Regards,
    Max

2. Apparently it has no backtester - how do you test production algorithms for a trading platform without a backtester?

3. trade wheres your link? I cant google your name and find a software product.

Thanks

4. maxdama

maxdama

Psytrade,

The backtester appears to be under development. I agree that there are things missing but I'm just saying that it looks like they're making very rapid progress in the few months I've been following it. The biggest warning sign I see is that they seem to have cobbled together a few different pieces coded in different languages.

Tradelink,

I believe tradelink has been around for a longer time than Marketcetera so comparing the number of downloads since release is not meaningful. Clearly you have an interest in reducing the competition faced by your project though, so I understand where you're coming from. I'm not affiliated with Marketcetera fyi, just downloaded it to test it a few weeks ago.

Regards,
    Max

5. I was just making the point I thought they were focused on institutional market because of their number of downloads.

I don't think the chances are too high their 4million in VC and their 20 full time developers are going to walk because of an ET posting... :)

6. maxdama

maxdama

haha