Market Calls

Discussion in 'Journals' started by inandlong, Apr 24, 2005.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Whipsaw day! I'm still on the fence. Will see what tomorrow brings us.

#31     Apr 25, 2005
  2. Good job Maestro

Tough day, I'm done lots of work for nada!

Really should have had my stop at 10225 and kept a little profit in my pocket today.

:mad: :(

#32     Apr 25, 2005
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

You did well not losing much money today! A lot of folks that I know got demolished today. Tomorrow will be a better day, I hope.

#33     Apr 25, 2005
  4. demolished? what happened today that was that extreme?

#34     Apr 25, 2005
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

A lot of trend traders with tight stops got whipsawed that's all. I can see how it might happen. One friend of mine traded NQ today and had 5 losing (stopped out) trades in a row. Obviously, if you are counter trend trader then today is your day! :)

#35     Apr 25, 2005
  6. I'll play here...

Short JCP May 45 Calls at 2.75. The underlying sold off from the high at the 40sma today again.

I'll make it a covered call at b/e.

#36     Apr 25, 2005
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

If I may comment. I thought that selling May 50 Calls would be a better play as the premiums after deducting the intrinsic values are virtually identical and 50 is a better physiological level. Delta is pretty good on 50 (0.27) . Theta is increasing rapidly so you might be making the same profit with a lot less risk. But its just a thought. I might be wrong here. Good luck to you.

#37     Apr 25, 2005
  8. Even though I'm flat and staying so till tomorrow side bet says we open at or above that pesky 10280 I wanted today just to spite me ... lol.

#38     Apr 25, 2005
  9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

You might be right. A couple of dogs report tonight. We shall see.

#39     Apr 25, 2005
  10. Hi Inandlong,

I didn't read anything in the above quote except the first few words, but I defintely will. I think your idea is great. From now on, this is the only place I live on ET. I hope you're doing well, and am glad to see you back like this.

Rubberbird

#40     Apr 25, 2005