Market calls...100% accurate!

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ML_QUANT, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Please stop harrassing the OP. If you wish to dispute his trading style, method, etc., feel free. Just do it in a civil manner.

Thank you.

#41     Jan 21, 2009
  2. ok i'll be civil....how did you lose money on something you were 100% correct on?

#42     Jan 21, 2009
  3. I was and have been incomparable to anyone else EVER in the history of the markets 100% CORRECT on 100% of ALL my CALLS and PREDICTIONS!
    Where is the relationship between that and my personal style of trading with it's weaknesses and strengths?!
    Are we discussing my CALLS and PREDICTIONS or my Personal Trading?
    I DO NOT trade for a living but rather trade to learn and in that I continuously push the envelope and worst, I DO NOT backtes neither use Sim nor Stops! So what did you expect for me to not lose money? :) but it's cost of doing business and it's worth it. :p

#43     Jan 21, 2009
  4. Robbie does bring up a good point, calls are only as good (to you) if you take them and profit from them. I'm glad for you that you have a method that produces these types of results but the disconnect between that and your trading is far too great. To be frank, it makes little sense.

Why havent you been able to transition to full time trading and profit from your calls? You mention in a previous post that you only take trades when your method tells you so which is exactly what you should be doing. So I don't see what the issue is.

#44     Jan 21, 2009
  5. OK, back to basics...do you trade just 1 single strategy at a time or multi?
    If it's just one then please explain why? If you use multi strategies, do you ever get 2 or more of them trigger simultaneously? If yes, then what do you do, take just one and ignore the others?

If the answer is that you want to trade different but simultaneous strategies at the same time if 2 or more of them trigger then think of it this way, you only enter the trades yourself and have someone else execute the exits or Stops and neither is aware of what the other is doing(in fact in the past before the machines this is how it used to be).
    So, you keep firing Entries based on rules and the exit guy keeps firing his Exits based on predetermined conditions. There is no way either of you could overrun the other! At times, the NET position maybe flat but you are both blind to that...!
    1- You go short es at 815 and tell the guy to take profits at 810 and stop 820(Net position 1 short).
    2- Go short 1 es at 816 profit at 815 stop 819(Net = 2 Short)
    3- Go long 1 es 817 take profit 819 stop at 816(Net position 1 Short).
    4- #3 above reaches profit target at 819 and the guy goes 1 short(Net position = 2 short as it should be)
    5- #2 at the same time as above Reaches Stop at 819 and the exit guy sells 1 es at 819(Net position = 1 short).
    6- Now if the exit guy had any sense, at 819 he would not have taken any trades...right? So again the end result would have been you being short 1 es after having taken a 2 point profit and a 3 point loss for a total of just 2 round trips after exiting the still open short but had run 3 virtual trades off of 3 strategies!
    So, it is in fact helping him on trading cost and since the guy intended to average this approach reduced his losses, albeit under this scenario.
    Did I manage to confuse the issue more?:confused:

#45     Jan 21, 2009
  6. Please explain how can the results of my trading change the reality of my calls & predictions?! Did the calls and the Predictions occur or were they an illusion? I often use the weatherman example who predicted rain but didn’t take his umbrella and got wet, so, did it rain or not?:confused:

I do trade full time for R&D purposes and will only go with full force of my capital after discovery of the Holy Grail(and that would be never I guess…). BTW, I do have a successful income generating factory which affords me the luxury of eternal R&D.

I can however at anytime I wish, go into income generating trading and average about 2% daily but on small capital and am working to make those systems scalable.

Trading my calls requires huge DD and lots of patience and that is what my present approach on the simultaneous long and short is about so it would reduce the boredom and make the DD less painful.

Once and if that is achieved then I can have tens of different strategies running at the same time on the same instrument and I am still like a couple of 3 months away from that point but, meanwhile announcing the calls and observing them get a 100% hit is part of my R&D and finding a way to utilize them best with the least risk of DD is another. Although they have so far been 100% but remember past is no guarantee of the future now...so you need to be prepared for the consequences.:eek:

#46     Jan 21, 2009
  7. I've been trading for years as my sole income so I am not going to trade your calls, I was only wondering for your sake. Most people have the opposite issue, they have no method and discipline yet trade like crazy and blow up. You have a sound method, the discipline to know to only take what your system tells you, yet you won't trade it.

As far as the holy grail reference in your post, if you are 100% accurate then you have the holy grail so get some courage and trade it :cool:

#47     Jan 21, 2009
  8. THIS IS NOT A CALL, just a TA observation. I am looking to go short at 825 area if I get the right reversal if the rally fails at above 820 and target will be 808, no stops but will hedge with YM.

#48     Jan 21, 2009
  9. Trading is baaad for your health, much easier to make a veryyyy comfortable living by manufacturing if the means and the know how exist.
    Chasing the HG, is the best past time ever....

#49     Jan 21, 2009
  10. Yes, I am confused!

I drew out a diagram of the trade you wrote about. And I've got 5 orders, +2 points on the third, -3 on the second, and -4 on the other. If you close out the 1st that would be your 6th exectution, you'd get short @ 819, and you'd be down -5 ES points?

So this is not about a hedge, it is about being able to run multiple strategies while reducing transaction fees?

As for me, yes I typically trade one strategy. I've got several I've been semi-successful with. As I'm still not a full-time trader and wouldn't do it yet as I'm still too inconsistant for my tastes.

I am still trying to find/hone a strategy that I feel comfortable with.

I'm still not understanding the crux of what it is you're doing? If you are making predictions as to where the market is going? If you are detailing a trading strategy? I'm confused. Don't feel the need to explain as this might be over my head.

#50     Jan 21, 2009