Market bottom seems near

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Junkou, May 18, 2022.

1. You are good.

#31     May 22, 2022
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

The booooottom is .......... out there.

#32     May 24, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  3. Ivano

Ivano

I am humbly trying to figure out the reasons why Buffet is buying, is maybe averaging down? My point is that in Berkshire they have kinda of tools to monitor changes in market directions that probably retail traders do not have. Hope to not appear provocative, just trying to understand as a newbe, their recent move leave me some perplexity. Not speaking about OXY that has some sector power and great head start of phase 2 from graphs

#33     May 27, 2022
  4. themickey

themickey

Buffett is a value investor, the current market in some instances push stocks which were already falling off a peak prior to this bear mkt, right down into value territory, only makes sense to grab them before someone else does, get a lot of M&A's about now.

#34     May 27, 2022
    Ivano likes this.
  5. Ivano

Ivano

gotcha is about having control of a company, and intrinsic price value that may be different by the idea of mkt direction from a trader point of view!

#35     May 27, 2022
  6. Ivano

Ivano

Said that I bet/feel/dare to say they watches( thoroughly) at least monthly and weekly charts before to buy

#36     May 27, 2022
  7. Junkou

Junkou

Dudes, am I right here? The original MAGIC model also suggests a buy signal. tqqq-20020530.png

#37     May 30, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

You're never gonna' know if you are right until you pull the trigger on a real trade with your signal. Because hindsight will blind you into the false belief that you were both right AND wrong.

#38     May 30, 2022
  9. smallfil

smallfil

Warren Buffet is a long term investor. Think 50 years minimum. Also, he changed his approach from buying shares in companies to buying entire companies and running them thru Berkshire. That is just common sense. When you own entire companies, you have a guaranteed return on your monies, whatever it is. Let us just say 10% per year. Even Warren Buffet has the common sense to figure out that oil is a commodity that will be needed by the entire world for decades on down. Does anyone still believe that oil will be replaced by alternative energy like solar cells, windmills, etc.? If that is the case, oil would have been obsolete a long time ago. Instead, you have huge subsidies for solar cell companies, windmill companies, etc. Why? For one thing, the cost of producing the same unit of energy from oil is still way, way cheaper.

#39     Jun 20, 2022
    Ivano likes this.
  10. This is not how bottoms are made. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Organic bottoms only happen when the Fed starts printing.

#40     Jun 20, 2022