Market bottom is in- End this doom and gloom

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Mar 17, 2008.

1. I will not respond to your post.

Please use civil language it would reflect better on you

#41     Mar 17, 2008
  2. But what is the def, of a bear market and do the Math

#42     Mar 17, 2008

3. There is no bear market. Technically we need to close below 1250 on SPX and I will agree with you.

The SPX needs to be 20 % below October highs.

That did not happen today and does not looks like it will happen tomorrow either or in near future since we have a double bottom in place.

Rest of it is fierce speculation and fear mongering from institutional traders to provoke anxiety attacks in our retail investors.

#43     Mar 17, 2008

4. Read my original post where I made my case. End of story.

Your original post made a poor case and it certainly was not the end of the story.

I agree with the people who think you are basically a moron. Some people just like to say stupid things to get noticed. But it is extremely sad to see...

When I saw this thread, I thought trad3r started it. Not surprising that he supported it

#44     Mar 17, 2008
  5. People have blamed me to be stock trader 3. Now they can see how wrong they were. They still accuse me to be stock trader 3.

I am his long lost brother in arms.

Please deal with me with rational //intellectual arguments and I will oblige you with lot of fun and education and trading psychology.

#45     Mar 17, 2008
  6. Not sure about the "BOTTOM" but I had to go balls in on LEH and GOOG.

FUCKING HELL, what a ride that was, YAHOOOOOOOOOO.

Had to get long as much as possible in those two stocks on that secondsell off around 11:30 est. FUCKING HELL.

Classic pattern of "CAN'T TAK'M DOWN" so go fucking balls out long.

Not sure what tomorrow's play will be but , out flat at the bell.

SHIT~:cool:

Of course we are still in a world of SHIT and possibly one of the worst recession since WW II. But the long into the close was sick.

#46     Mar 17, 2008
  7. Hedgefund trader is fucking pain in the arse. However, he does make a good point.

Definition of a "RECESSION" is two negitive quarters. We have yet to have one.

The Financial Institutions as we know them are definitly finished.
    There is going to be a huge "RECESSION" IMHO.

But we are not in one right now, by old terms and definition.

FUCK, I DOUBT THE FED EVEN KNOWS "WHAT WE ARE IN".

Look for a huge down day this week, closer to the weekend. 600 points plus.....IMHO.

#47     Mar 17, 2008
  8. BUT there is a difference between a bear market and a recession. If I am not mistaken, it is a 20% decline in value in one or more indexs...I could be wrong.

Don't let them change your mind, they are trying to bail out of the bear market idea and slide into saying recession.

#48     Mar 17, 2008
  9. Not yet, there is a lot of room to the downside.

#49     Mar 17, 2008
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

You guys gonna hold hands all night or go get a room?

#50     Mar 17, 2008