Market Bottom a la Mamis

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by PetaDollar, Dec 4, 2008.

1. 3 month chart update

[​IMG]

#31     Dec 28, 2008
  2. atonix

atonix

Excellent thread, thanks OP.

#32     Dec 28, 2008
  3. ===================
    Looks like ''a '' DEC bottom is in;
    prbably not '' the'' botton in OEX..... Because Mr Mamis calls a 50 day moving aveage too whippy, maybe one could assume even a 50 dma buy or earlier [however profitable] would be unsatisfactory in calling ''the bottom ''

Even if it is a good rally;
    with historical, unusual FED/Treasury action.:cool:

#33     Dec 29, 2008
  4. Still short.

The highs/lows ratio is better than in October, with price is mostly lower; that's a kind of divergence. However, I interpret that in the current setting as "we've gone from abysmal to pathetic". (Mostly because of the absolute value of the ratio, still below 0.10).

#34     Dec 30, 2008
  5. 3 mo chart update

[​IMG]

#35     Jan 6, 2009
  6. Definitely, the market has changed. With my mid-long term trading, I just closed a big short position today.

#36     Jan 6, 2009
  7. I noticed something unusual in the H/L & price charts the last few days, which led me to pick up a new intermediate short position (30-90 days, long DXD which is a short Dow 2X ETF, in at 56.79). More later, just wanted to log the trade for now.

#37     Jan 13, 2009
  8. Here's the highs/lows:

[​IMG]

#38     Jan 14, 2009
  9. Here's the put/call ratio which we have not discussed yet, but is another source of data discussed by Mamis and others.

[​IMG]

#39     Jan 14, 2009
  10. Looks to me like an obvious setup that comes along once in a while, for an intermediate term short. I'll try to sell my DXD around 100, but I'll take what I can get if we hit new lows on the Dow; on the risk side I guesstimate 25% if the tops and bottoms in the p/c ratio and new h/l don't hold up, Dow hits 9000+ etc. So far so good!

#40     Jan 14, 2009