market at 13 year low and there is ZERO flight to safety?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chewbacca, Mar 2, 2009.

1. the real question now is, do we hold here or do we make new lows.

#11     Mar 2, 2009
  2. 6300 is the next magnet if 6800 breaks

#12     Mar 2, 2009
  3. No flight to safety, as the OP said with bonds, and look at gold. Coming back down.

#13     Mar 2, 2009
  4. poyayan

poyayan

The market has to hit low, stay low without government saying a single thing.

Ever since Oct 2007, Ben and Paul has been yapping non stop everytime the index went lower.

Except the citi thing, this week has been quite an orderly decline which is what it supposes to be.

#14     Mar 2, 2009
  5. Today's close was weird, I think long term players will come in between 650 - 700.

Most of them will not target more than 800 though

#15     Mar 2, 2009
  6. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

the crash of 1987 and 2002 were brief and recovered quickly, in 2002, banks and financials and commodity stocks weren't even affected by the recessions.

this recession is likely taking down even bluechip companies.

because of all the hedge funds, nobody can control the crash or dominoes of massive selling. i haven't seen this type of market capitulation in this scale for long time in financials.

#16     Mar 2, 2009
  7. #17     Mar 2, 2009
  8. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

it's not so as rush to saftey as the cash cow from retirement funds are drying up. unemployed don't buy stocks or contribute to retirement funds...

there is just not enough cash and too much supply of stocks and assets. which was complete opposite just a few years ago when theire was too much cash and credit.

#18     Mar 2, 2009
  9. Once again, the True people who are "Wealthy", Liquid, are out of the market and in cash, and hard assets.

IMHO, the majority left in this Market are "Johnny" Paycks, 9to5ers in 401ks. All long and all giving up 70% of their gains if not close to zero or at a loss.

There is no reason to be in the US Stock Market at this time. NONE, ZERO other than some pipe dream of a "Panic" buy, a rush of cash into the Markets because it's LOW. NOT GONA HAPPEN

Welcome to OBAMA NATION, sit back and enjoy the show.

#19     Mar 2, 2009
  10. piezoe

piezoe

The true idiot is the one who made the above post. I have no idea what Obama's record will be, but at least i recognize that he has only been President for 5 weeks and that what is happening in the markets has absolutlely nothing to do with him, so far at least. Get a grip EMR!

#20     Mar 2, 2009