"Mark (Zuckerburg) stole the idea (Facebook)", Goldman panic?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tmarket, Jan 11, 2011.

1. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Mark Fuckerberg. :D

The early version of Facebook was a veeery simple implementation. It was ALL IDEA. Essentially a web enabled paper book.

Of course, Bill Gates stole the windows gui idea. And so it goes.

#21     Jan 11, 2011
  2. Mark Zuckerburg stole all my old friends. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have realized my friends and their girlfriends are just a bunch of obnoxious losers posting Facebook messages constantly. Because of his delete friend feature, I now have none.

Oddly enough, I kind of owe him...

#22     Jan 11, 2011

3. That info about Zuckerburg stealing the idea behind Facebook is old news, maybe 2 years or longer. Goldman Sachs should have been aware of it, also when did The Social Network come out? Didn't anyone from Goldman Sachs see it?

#23     Jan 11, 2011
  4. Looks like Mark and Goldman have something in common. They both cheat and lie.

#24     Jan 11, 2011
  5. Non circumvention, non disclosure and confidentiality agreement...

Did Zuckerberg sign one?

No?

Then screw the twins. They should be happy they got anything.

If facebook was their idea, you would think a couple of harvard educated guys would've had zuckerberg sign one.

#25     Jan 11, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

The law recognizes oral agreements too....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_agreement

"An oral contract is a contract the terms of which have been agreed by spoken communication, in contrast to a written contract, where the contract is a written document. There may be written, or other physical evidence, of an oral contract – for example where the parties write down what they have agreed – but the contract itself is not a written one.

In general, oral contracts are just as valid as written ones,"

#26     Jan 11, 2011
  7. telozo

telozo

The twins did settle, and things would have stoped there, if facebook didn't try to screw them again, offering stock valued at $40 mil, when internally they valued the same amount of stock at $10mil. This second round of lawsuits is about this, not about the idea.

#27     Jan 11, 2011
  8. In a nut shell I believe the details are:

• 3 students have an idea for a networking website, which they are coding.
    • They invite Zuckerburg in to help with database design and coding.
    • Zuckerburg takes too long with his duties for the project.
    • Zuckerburg leaves the group without finishing his task.
    • Zuckerburg starts up his own networking website and launches it before the original group.
    • The original group sues Zuckerburg within weeks.
    • Lawsuit dropped because of a technicality.
    • Lawsuit reopened when they are more organized.

All of the above happened years ago and well before Goldman Sachs got involved.

#28     Jan 12, 2011