"Mark (Zuckerburg) stole the idea (Facebook)", Goldman panic?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tmarket, Jan 11, 2011.

1. In business yes. In trading, no. Business is 90% implementation, 10% ideas. Trading is 10% implementation, 90% ideas.

#11     Jan 11, 2011
  2. GTG

GTG

I think I remember reading a little while back that this has already happened. If I recall correctly the gist, was that the Wilkevoss brothers had later formed some other internet company that never went anywhere with another investor. The other investor claims that they had an agreement that any future lawsuit award against facebook would belong to this company they were forming, and now this investor is suing them for some of the $60million they won from Facebook.

#12     Jan 11, 2011
  3. American ideology is based on Hegelian idealism where the only reality is ideas. Actually, quantum mechanics supports this view, at least several of its interpetations, that the world is simply ideas. Thus, the ultimate value is in ideas according to these predominant ideologies/theories.

Implementation has no value unless it involves subtsantial breakthrough in hardware/software. Facebook is a crude php application as some kid posted in a forum. No breakthrough there. Do not confuse with discoveries like the light bulb, where implementation of electric laws provided the added value. There, everyone had the idea of a light bulb but only one found the viable solution.

#13     Jan 11, 2011
  4. You are not current on patent law.

#14     Jan 11, 2011
  5. The punk is a lying snake, a natural born deceiver.

He Sabotaged his own business partners. He delayed their project while secretly working on a knock off as fast as possible.

There is a profound difference in values between those who find this "OK" and those who do not.

#15     Jan 11, 2011
  6. Facebook is all about hype.

The most fascinating thing is watching the hype machine in action and how many actually jump for it.

Hype can be helped with some manipulation of course, esp if you have big resources. Tulips were really a hot item once.

#16     Jan 11, 2011
  7. jem

jem

you must be old school or a least a different school. have you seen what harvard grads have been up to the last 10 years.

#17     Jan 11, 2011
  8. clacy

clacy

I really have no clue because I don't watch individual stocks/companies, but has Facebook finished in the black recently, or is this just another hyped up internet stock, that ultimately finds out that it provides a great service, but can't earn a profit?

#18     Jan 11, 2011
  9. Most good new stuff is stolen from owners nothing new here

#19     Jan 11, 2011
  10. You are....:D

NiN

#20     Jan 11, 2011