Mark your calendar: Oil may drop to $30 in March

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Feb 14, 2007.

1. GOOD POINT ^

lol

#21     Mar 29, 2007
  2. Not to self:

Do not follow Sanford Bernstein's calls on crude.

#22     Mar 29, 2007
  3. TM1

TM1

I always thought that weather forecasters had it made with no consequences for being wrong, while pulling in a decent salary. Analysts have them beat to hell, but why must the analysts try and make such outlandish statements? He could have said under $55 and not looked like such a complete idiot.

#23     Mar 29, 2007
  4. I thought the same about Bernard Lewis, how come he still has his job after he predicted and drummed up his theory of an apocalypse last year?

#24     Mar 29, 2007
  5. Predicting oil at "under $55" isn't very bold and if he were right, it's not likely to get him much recognition. His prediction was bold and was probably a PR move -- if he turned out to be right, he would certainly have gotten press and maybe an offer to run some big energy hedge fund and what not. That's the secret to making public predictions: make sure they are outlandish and go against what others say. Even if you are wrong 4 out of 5 times, you can make bank if you are right just once

#25     Mar 29, 2007
  6. TM1

TM1

I guess the hiring process is just as idiotic then, if they view a 20% success ratio as hiring material. And I thought baseball players had low performance expectations.

#26     Mar 29, 2007
  7. "
    Predicting oil at "under $55" isn't very bold and if he were right, it's not likely to get him much recognition. His prediction was bold and was probably a PR move -- if he turned out to be right, he would certainly have gotten press and maybe an offer to run some big energy hedge fund and what not. That's the secret to making public predictions: make sure they are outlandish and go against what others say. Even if you are wrong 4 out of 5 times, you can make bank if you are right just once"

you cant get away with something like this in the oil market imo... unless you are iran or something, imo.

#27     Mar 29, 2007
  8. Well? His time is up...

[​IMG]

#28     Mar 30, 2007