Mark Weinstein: High-percentage Trader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ukxgerard, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Daal

Daal

Lets face it, what would be a baseball equivalent to this?a guy hitting .500/.600 or something?My money is on he was lying, if his results were audited(I'm not sure they were) he had a company help him commit fraud

#11     Jun 22, 2010
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Well HE said his trading Style was In Day be sparrow and at night be a cheeta something like that.... So he is taking small profits conciously and on other hand waiting for perfect timing for doing large time frame trades... Number of risky trades he did?

#12     Jul 22, 2016
  3. Wrong; Schwager saw proof of option contest win.
    Also he admitted on a huge loss on soybeans- you doubt that also?? LOL

#13     Jul 22, 2016
  4. %%
    Most likely ,Ark,but he admitted markets were good then;
    and he disclosed a half million soybean los$, so that shows even with a HI %%, easy to blow UP !! And he lost 50% /+ of his account.Wonder how many doubt that LOL?? Wisdom is profitable to direct. Also Schwager saw proof of his option contest win......Fun read.

#14     Jul 22, 2016
  5. Hello All,

I am bumping this thread. Despite his notoriety Mr. Weinstein continues to remain well clear of the limelight.

I am attaching a photo from the LBR website which Murray TT has alluded to above. Could this be the elusive Mr. Weinstein (my guess is probably not)?

Does anybody have details about the CBOE option contest that he participated in? I would guess this contest took place between 1983 - 1985 and subsequently Mr. Jack Schwager was able to verify that Mark Weinstein ran up an initial 100k stake into 900k (without pyramiding) with 100 per cent winning trades over a three month period

I would presume these details would be have been made public or semi-public.

Does anyone know if Mark is still trading or better yet how to get in contact with him?

Best Regards

Gerard

#15     Oct 30, 2016
  6. %%
    Dont know Mr UK; but i 'm thinking about reading that interview again. Remember he said something like markets were real good then...........................................

#16     Nov 7, 2016
  7. %% It was 100 % wins in the option trading contest win. Note he said ''near 100 % wins'' nowhere did the Jack Schager book claim it was that high over time. Thanks

#17     Apr 28, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

#18     Apr 28, 2017
  9. Do you seriously expect to get in touch with him? And if you did - do you expect he would be mentoring you?

It seems like most successful individual traders shun publicity. Recall that many of the traders in Schwager's books declined the initial interview and had to be persuaded hard to do it, including Mark Weinstein.

The most successful known trader here in Norway has never talked to the press, ever. In fact, there only exist one single picture of him. He's a ghost.

Anyway, Mark Weinstein was certainly one of the most interesting characters in that series. For what it's worth, I do think it's possible to achieve the results he's claiming.

#19     Apr 29, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not sure to whom you are talking to, but OP is 11 years old, and the last post from OPer is 9 months old and he hasn't been here for a while.

The Linked in profile is indicating Weinstein isn't trading anymore but tax advising. Also everyone can have the right strategy for the right times, that doesn't make one a genius just probably ballsy if he dares to push his edge.

Edges tend to die over the long run...

#20     Apr 29, 2017