Mark the Chart Artist

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by MarkBrown, Mar 17, 2007.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

everything i have goes to market. - listen to this - goes to market when the system is one tick higher or lower than the order. so say i want to buy at even - the system waits till the price is .25 below even and then buys at market. this is how i do it.

mark brown

ps people know from my old oddball system i am a at the market trader.

#21     Mar 26, 2007
  2. maxipad

maxipad

LMAO! you are an "at the market paper trader". You cant fool the real traders on elite like you could fool the omega crowd.

You obviously have no experience with real trading, the above statement makes that abundantly clear.

loser,
    maxi

#22     Mar 26, 2007
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

your latest great contribution? was?

i am just wondering why you would alienate one of the very few people who could and would really help you? if in fact you even needed any help "for all i know your some super trader" what did i do to you, other than tout what a great trader, system builder, market genius ect. i am?

i can see where that would trouble anyone but does that call for a personal attack? why not embarrass me by making me give live trading calls or posting some new wham bam trading system that undeniably churns out profits in your own trading account which you give me discretion over? want me to fund the account for you too?

my work holds its own anyone including you know that. if your some failed vendor i stepped on through the years your welcomed for all the free stuff i posted - that you sold to some unsuspecting newbie. even here on et i see my systems posted everywhere with no recognition save but a few.

no see what its about is just what its about - nothing.

mark brown

#23     Mar 26, 2007
  4. maxipad

maxipad

Funny stuff, mr. mark. I see you are well versed in defending yourself. No one here needs to ask you to post proof, your own words make it clear you have no clue whatsoever about actual executions on an automated system. Go back to fantasy land. Elite has no interest in you or your pretend systems.

maxi

#24     Mar 26, 2007
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

yep thats right i can defend myself as i have been around long enough to know the answer to the stupid question you asked in a thread you started called "NEIDERHOFAR did he BLOW UP?" - which clearly shows you have not been around or in the business of trading very long - can we say NEWBIE! so i suggest you "go away son your bothering me" quote from ?

how laughable and pathetic, set back and learn something, maxipad, btw are you female maxi pad? that time of the month?

NEIDERHOFAR did he BLOW UP?

Was it his positions that clogged the system??

Anyone know?? DUH!

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88164

See ya Maxi Pad,
    Mark the magnificent!

#25     Mar 26, 2007
  6. ATS execution and testing becomes a bit tricky. But just going through the basics...

1. Algorithmic Trading in itself can be looked at as system as itself because you're exposing a tendency of the market depth. In another words, you're dealing with 2 different "systems"... one for the signal, the other for the depth.

2. A full blown test using only the Depth data becomes too massive. It makes sense to seperate the testing process in bits. One testing for signals, other testing for algo-trading.

3. When I test for signals, I use TOS data and with market orders. In the long run, the actual execution vs. tests tends to even out. Also, the nature of the order holds as a basis when Algo is implemented with it. I don't use limit orders because it makes no sense with TOS data. Stop orders are fine, but there's no positive value to be added to it. It's either you have slippage or not.

Now that said...

Maxi Pad... you're the one clueless.

#26     Mar 26, 2007
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i never said that i used limits im a guy who has done 25,000 rts a day on tt with a 500 lot for two days just testing load real money too. after commissions "less than 1.00 rt" i cleared about 5 grand. now how many guys would come clean abd tell that?

what i have done is my systems use limits when those limits are hit i know i can pay market and my testing on ts will be the same as on our proprietary auto trading interface to tt.

so in essence i give up the .25 as slippage to go to market - which i always get. i have allowed a similar routine for the exits. in my testing i deduct commissions and .25 also if anyone looks 90% of all the trades i take have better entry prices minutes latter. this is done on purpose because i am gobbling up all the contracts i can for the next few minutes on any given trade.

mark brown

also i have ts running on tt data so the signals are the same see my name on the project web site below. normal traders dont do things like this.

Dual Subserver

The customer's task was to minimize risks of data loss caused by vendor quote interruption. Since even the most reliable vendors do have problems occasionally, the customer decided to use two data feeds at once. So the subserver created allows to use the DBC online subserver without any modifications and at the same time to receive data from the second vendor - Trading Technologies. Now at a time the customer's GlobalServer has double data for the necessary symbols.

http://www.tssupport.com/company/portfolio/

#27     Mar 26, 2007
  8. For testing systems that uses Algo-execution, limit orders don't give viable figures.

Other than that (Test orders=Live orders or you're style of execution), in the end it's pretty much the same. Matter of Profits > Cost of Trade

I also like to add that I deal with FX where I have to deal with mutiple brokers/banks. I need to have the computer calculate the different cost structure, quotes and etc. to take the best bank.

#28     Mar 26, 2007
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

we have been playing around with the system sending out orders to the order server and then have a second system that simply tracks trade order momentum. the number of contracts would be a variable depending on momentum strength.

mark brown

i know all the pitfalls of testing i wrote the book of ts errors way back when. i was the guy who exposed in great detail all the mistakes that some even to this day exist. i learned most of these mistakes by loosing money. i knew then that the ts founders never traded their own money with their own software and it is still to this day that way. mb

#29     Mar 26, 2007