Mark Minervini

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by andysmith99, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Has anyone taken a Minervini seminar? Or been a customer of his service?

I have read his book and it was very good.

But I wonder about his seminars. He is always pushing them on twitter and they are very expensive. It strikes me as odd that he says he doesn't do seminars for the money, but to help people, and then charges so much that most people can't afford them. Like running a Salvation Army and charging hundreds of dollars for used clothes.

Also, if he is such a great trader why is he so focused on seminars instead of managing 100s of millions of dollars?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. conduit

conduit

Don't ask others. Ask those very same questions to yourself and you get your answer. Don't allow anyone outside to obscure the simple truth you will undoubtedly get to.

ms33 likes this.
  3. Heavy exposure can be quite stressful. Why not go for the easy money?

4. You say "Ask yourself and you get your answer" but that depends on what one's beliefs are. If you believe all people are good then the answer is "he is doing this to help others and using the high fees to cover costs". But if you believe people are greedy, the answer is "he is lying and is trying to rip off people". So I don't think "asking yourself" is practical because it is more a reflection of "the asker" not the answer.

What is surprising is that he has so many 100,000s followers on StockTwits and not one person has come to his defense here, or even simply said "Seminar was worth $20,000". That is bad.

5. Cswim63

Cswim63

An old contractor, and former bookie, once told me, "Ya know, if you're having trouble figuring something out, if you figure Money for the answer, you're going to be right about 90 percent of the time." He ended up ripping me off on a job, but the advice still stands the test of time. Haha.

ms33 and conduit like this.
  6. Cswim63

Cswim63

I really think they should have gullibility classes in school. It would have served me well. It's one of the main reasons I detest formal education. The stuff they really need to teach you, they don't or can't.

7. conduit

conduit

How right is that. Pretty fair odds.

8. Cswim63

Cswim63

Read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by Perkins and then tell me whether you want to keep studying the crap they teach you in school

9. Cswim63

Cswim63

Shouldn't you be in bed?

10. Cswim63

Cswim63

The one saving grace about trading is that if you survive long enough it will absolutely teach you to never take any information at face value
    Unfortunately, this makes most men jaded. So that's the real trick is to have a sense of grace even when you know it's all BS.

#10     Jun 7, 2016