Mark Levin on Tyranny under Obama's imperial presidency.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jan 14, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I agree in a way. He has been a weak champion of fiscal policy. But at least he has not been a net hindrance like a supply-sider would have been.

#51     Jan 15, 2013
  2. Max E.

Max E.

I support the tax cuts, but it seems awful hypocritical for dems to cry about Bush's temporary tax cuts when Obama insisted on making them permanent.

#52     Jan 15, 2013
  3. George Orwell would be proud.:p

#53     Jan 15, 2013
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Nice try at clever. Someone says "A harms C." I say, "no, it's not A, it's actually B that harms C." Am I therefore defending A?

#54     Jan 15, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Obama wanted to make them permanent on who? : )

#55     Jan 15, 2013
  6. Hey.. if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. Technically perhaps, maybe we shouldn't blame Obama but what's his plan? Barry needs to be assigned blame for doing nothing.

--------------

#56     Jan 15, 2013
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

What has Obama done in 4 years? He rammed through an enormous and odious healthcare reform law that is already making medical care more expensive than it would have been without it. That law will cover millions who did not have coverage so at least there are some people out there who are happy with it.

He has tried to kill the coal industry and that seems to have made all of our utility bills increase. My own electric bill has nearly doubled from 2008 levels even though natural gas is very cheap.

He ordered the raid that killed OBL. Ok, I like that but it has come out that he waived for nearly 16 hours after the positive identification was made and probably only ordered the raid because the joint chiefs were starting to raise hell about it.

Guantanamo is still operating. We are still in Afghanistan but we are effectively out of Iraq. Ghaddafi has been ousted but the country was taken over by islamofascist jihadists who looked the other direction when our facilities where threatened and ultimately attacked. Obama has stonewalled the investigation ever since and was not held accountable in the November election. Evidently the majority does not care what happens to our people overseas.

Syria has had a civil war and Obama has been loath to take sides in public. Its hard to know what is happening behind the scenes but it seems clear that it is islamofascist jihadists who will take control of that country just like Libya. Obama betrayed our ally Mubarak who kept the peace between Egypt and Israel for decades and that country is trying very hard to become Islamist and they'll probably provoke another ass-kicking by Israel at some point.

Our economy is on life-support and there has been high unemployment for so long that people have become used to it. The government keeps extending unemployment benefits but doing nothing to relight the burners and has allowed taxes to increase on almost every household of people who do work.

The government doesn't even bother to submit a budget anymore. Our currency is being devalued. Our debt has grown out of proportion to GDP.

Its a mess. This guy just plain old sucks. Anyone who voted for him is doing it because of race and not considering the consequences. The next big thing is going to be cutting our defense back to almost nothing which is going to invite trouble at a time when there is trouble almost anywhere in the world you look. Obama is a narcissist and everything is about him. He seems to enjoy dividing the country and picking fights with the opposition. He is comfortable taking multi-million dollar vacations at taxpayer expense when ridiculous numbers of people are on foodstamps. Now he is reneging on his word to not try to take guns from the population by politicizing a shooting tragedy that has more to do with mental illness than it does gun ownership.

#57     Jan 15, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

The war in Afghanistan is discretionary spending. Whether they call it that or not. We should have been out there a week after Bin Laden was assassinated.

#58     Jan 15, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, you'd just be full of shit. As usual.

#59     Jan 15, 2013
  10. jem

jem

that is a pretty screwed up view considering I showed you that revenues went up by 40% when bush and the republicans cut taxes.

Its pretty screwed up when the President own advisor Christine Romer did a very detailed study showing that increasing taxes cut gdp.

It pretty screwed up when I showed you the rich paid more after the bush tax cuts.

And I showed that Keynes said you should lower taxes and grow out of a recession. Making him a supply sider.

The problem we have is excessive govt spending.

We may be about drop off the economic cliff if the assholes in washinton don't start realizing private sector business and jobs is are what give leftists the money to spend.

#60     Jan 15, 2013