Mark Haines

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElCubano, May 25, 2011.

1. r-in

r-in

Again, I guess reading and getting what is written are 2 different things. No, I don't say smoking is good, as a matter of fact I mention in a post my Dad has COPD and suffers from having smoked, not just cigarettes, but pipes and cigars, which he will still deny has any impact on his current condition, and I call bullshit all the time.
    I do say that I guess people need to live their lives as they chose within reason. Some live with minimal ill effects and live well beyond the averages. Others live a "healthy" life and die well before. Like Jim Fix and Greta Weis, marathon runners who lived healthy lives as a couple of examples.
    I'm not looking to argue, so give it a rest. Smoking bad, dah! Drinking in excess bad, dah! All kinds of things are bad, but at some point as humans we make choices, and some choices for some people will impact them sooner than others. I smoke a cigar now and agin, and it may affect my long term health, but I have made the choice and am not going to whine after the fact.

#21     May 25, 2011
  2. rickf

rickf

Yeah, that's a double-whammy for the network. :(

I liked him too ... only really got annoyed a few times over the years when I was watching CNBC regularly.

I'll always miss his signon: "Liiiiiiiiiiive ..... from the financial capitol of the world........this is Squawk on the Street....."

(or sometimes his adlib "Liiiive and in living colour......."

#22     May 25, 2011
  3. R.I.P. Mark, I'll miss you.

#23     May 25, 2011
  4. A vile and perverse habit. If nothing else Mayor Bloomberg has it right, force smokers to conduct their filthy business in a walled off basement.

PS Don't be tempted to offer a defense of your right to smoke, you'll just compound your idiocy. Like averaging down on a loser.

RIP MH

#24     May 25, 2011
  5. I remember sharing a cigarette with him outside of the studio about 10 years ago and arguing with him about Monarchos, the Kentucky derby winner that year. I respect few journalists but I respect him.

#25     May 25, 2011
  6. My bad ... (sloppy reading). I just wasn't sure why you'd point out that some smokers outlast some non-smokers, then seemingly go the other way talking about QOL.

In any case, Haines is gone way too soon and will obviously be missed by many.

#26     May 25, 2011
  7. You just moved up a half notch with an interest in the game. I may have to stop picking on you.

Kass talking about Haines being a player. didn't know that. horseplayers have a sixth sense for bullshit, since they see it 9 times a day.

you still poisoning the one body you have until the Rapture?

#27     May 25, 2011
  8. The chipmunk left the network? I wasn't her biggest fan.

RIP Mark

#28     May 25, 2011
  9. No, I quit smoking over 7 years ago now and glad for it every day.

#29     May 25, 2011