Mark Haines

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElCubano, May 25, 2011.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

passed away...dayum he looked like he was in pretty decent health....always live for today.

2. Larson

Larson Guest

RIP. I don't watch CNBC anymore, but one time he was interviewing John Bollinger and you could tell Haines had had one martini too many for lunch. It was hilarious, and Bollinger couldn't contain his laughter either.

3. no more erin no more mark haines, CNBC is wiped out

4. wow. he will be missed. one of the few i could stand to watch and even listen to on cnbc.

5. BCE

BCE

May 25, 2011, 10:04 a.m. EDT
    CNBC anchor Mark Haines dies at age 65

BOSTON (MarketWatch) -- Veteran CNBC anchor Mark Haines died suddenly at the age of 65, according to CNBC television reports Wednesday morning. Haines served as co-anchor of the network's "Squawk on the Street" and has been part of the CNBC team since 1989. He had also worked as a news anchor for KYW-TV in Philadelphia, WABC-TV in New York and WPRI-TV in Providence, held a law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and was a member of the New Jersey State Bar, according to CNBC's website.

6. pspr

pspr

Oh, that's right. Those were the only two I enjoyed watching. I don't think they have anyone who can adequately fill that time slot.

7. r-in

r-in

Sorry to hear that, he was fairly good with an honest opinion on both sides. I watched him call bullshit on both sides of the aisle, and that is priceless. The Barney Frank clip sticks in my head for all time. Frank never got it as he is of the many useless humans walking the earth, who think they should be idolized, and he couldn't stand being called a turd on national tv. Hard to beat that!

8. BCE

BCE

9. Anybody know what the health issues were?

I always thought he seemed a little out of place as an on-air personality, but one thing I never doubted was his integrity. He seemed like a straight-shooter, a man who wasn't afraid to tell it like it is, which is rare these days.

My condolences to his family and friends.

#10     May 25, 2011