Mark Douglas

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by markd85, Jun 16, 2006.

1. funny = interesting

#31     Jun 19, 2006
  2. Cesko

Cesko

If your trading is "psychologically" optimal you should break even at worst. If your method is much worse than random it shouldn't be a problem to reverse order of things.
    Trading methologically is basically correct way to trade and I think it's a matter of psychology primarely.IMO

#32     Jun 19, 2006
  3. Would you mind elaborating on this in detail?

#33     Jun 19, 2006
  4. Very well stated, Cesko.

And, I believe very true. In my opinion, emotional control (psychology) is more important to success than the system.

I can give a system I use, which I know is profitable, to a trader who does not have emotional control and he will lose day after day.

Trading in the Zone is required reading for any trader I work with.

Nutsneal

#34     Jun 19, 2006
  5. If you had a system, in which you know is profitable, wouldn't you automate it?

:D

#35     Jun 19, 2006
  6. Too much discretion (and emotional control) involved.:D :D

#36     Jun 19, 2006
  7. i recommend his first book, The Disciplined Trader. take your time reading it, and you will enjoy it and benefit from it. no book will turn your trading around, but it doesn't mean it doesn't have a lot of value.

Trading in the Zone is mostly hype imho, but if you have the time and energy, it won't hurt you either.

other than that, here are links to 2 audio lectures with Mark Douglas. i didn't listen to them yet, but you might wanna try:

http://www.woodiescciclub.com/Lectures/mark-douglas/index.htm
    http://www.woodiescciclub.com/Lectures/mark-douglas/august-2005.htm

#37     Jun 20, 2006
  8. Imagine

Imagine

as a rookie, the above gives me much to think about

thanks

#38     Jun 20, 2006
  9. Actually start with the lectures ... they will give you a good feel for what mark is about.

#39     Jun 20, 2006
  10. Cesko

Cesko

If after the fact your trading results seem much worse than random( 70-80% of losses,much larger losses than profits etc.) it is not so much error of judgement during entering the trade as it is the result of bad management (where psychology plays huge role).
    For example, if 70-80% of trades result in loss you can imrove result by tweaking exits not entries.
    Put it another way how can you hope to get substantial mathematical advantage over others nowadays when huge computing power is available to everybody?

#40     Jun 26, 2006