Mark Douglas vs Van Tharp

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by kserra, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Hi all,

Barend Baruch's famous dictum: "This book saved me millions" certainly doesn't apply to Douglas and Tharp. I modestly would add: "These books didn't earn me a single penny." Probably these authors never made a penny in the market, except from selling their "books" of course.

Nothing beats doing your homework. It's the only way. Only fools will claim to do it for other fools.

Be good,

nononsense

#31     May 29, 2004
  2. "Nothing beats doing your homework. It's the only way."

For many, part of the homework might be found in these books; available free at your local library. :)

#32     May 29, 2004
  3. You guys are forgetting my good friend Ari. He writes some good books too. Ari Kiev is the name.

#33     May 29, 2004
  4. I don't think they differ so much from Douglas' stuff...

#34     May 29, 2004
  5. Books are intended to give you a broader perspective, homework is meant to prepare you for the day to day trading... I think a good book is not bad, but is no substitute to a homework...

#35     May 29, 2004
  6. Pabst

Pabst

Smart guy....

#36     May 29, 2004
  7. Right. If you want to read a modern trading book, read "Pit Bull" by Martin Schwartz. At least it's funny to read - and Marty knows what trading is...

#37     May 30, 2004
  8. Nothing wrong with this. If your are learning, it is nice to know what is helpful and what is crap. This is what the initial question was about. If you have to find out by reading everything, you'll not get very far.

Henri Poincarré, the famous mathematician of some 100 years back said it well: "If you want to become a good mathematician, it is sufficient to read the masters."

Be good,

nononsense

#38     May 30, 2004