Mark Douglas - Trading in the Zone

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by quin8670, May 22, 2008.

1. Buying "Trading in the zone" or "Disciplined trader" ?

#11     May 23, 2008
  2. I think actually reading the book cover to cover WAS the exercise. If you have the patience, perserverance, ability to do that, you can accomplish anything!

#12     May 23, 2008
  3. 2ez

2ez

So Alexander Elder is better ?

#13     May 30, 2008
  4. don't waste your money on the book. it's just blah blah blah blah blah.

#14     May 31, 2008
  5. Very well said, and witty to boot!

Oh, and I agree with you 100%!

#15     May 31, 2008

6. The book on trading everyone is waiting to read, is the one that has never been written.
    Still people live the dream and hope the hope.

regards
    f9

#16     May 31, 2008
  7. Its a great book. Do you need it to be a successful trader? Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on where you are starting from. Some people like to make mistakes on their own, others like to read about and avoid the mistakes others make.

No book will hand you the holy grail. Thats different for everybody. When it comes to the markets, some just want to be right. Some want to be profitable and don't care about being right. Others just want to be ridiculously profitable. The grail is different for all of them.

There is plenty of good information in this book. Another one I highly recommend is Brett Steenbargers Enhancing Trader Performance
    It has plenty of good information and Brett seems to like to compare everything to sports performance. But it relates well.

#17     May 31, 2008
  8. alanack

alanack

See Brett Steenbarger's The Psychology of Trading for a very fresh take on the many psychological hurdles a trader must overcome to be successful.

#18     May 31, 2008
  9. Do any of you know of a good book about risk acceptance? Although I'm a pretty good technical analyst, it seems that I'm more risk-averse than I'd like to be. I'm reading "Trading in the Zone", but I can't seem to find any exercises or direction on how to overcome my risk-aversion.

#19     Jun 3, 2008
  10. Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom
    by Van K. Tharp

[​IMG]

This book will teach you how to understand Expectancy, Manage Risk and utilize the Law of Large Numbers (among other things) to assist you in your trading.

All of these factors go hand-in-hand with understanding and dealing with the psychology of risk.

P.S. Oh, I see I have some company ... Cool.

#20     Jun 3, 2008